Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overwhelmed by papers

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I think the title says it all. What do you guys do with all the tons and tons of papers the kids bring home from school? 

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
simplemom
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:00 PM
I have a plastic file envelope for each kid for papers that I think are special and want to save. I throw the rest away.
laceybird
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Throw them in the recycle bin. Unless its really cute, then I put it in their keepsake binder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM
Artwork goes on the wall for a while, then to the attic. Tests with good grades go on the fridge for a while then to the trash. Everything else goes straight to the recycling bin.
Jadegirl1819
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM

I have a binder for special papers.  I didn't start it until they were in school for a few years so it isn't great.  I wish I had a binder for every year.  I did't think about it with my older kids but when my toddler starts school I plan on taking pictures of his artwork and then at the end of each school year I will make a photo book with Shutterfly or another company.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:06 PM

I homeschool but I store them all in a box. I like to use the small boxes I buy my computer paper in. At the end of the year I go through them and choose some for our homeschooling binder. I throw out the rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:06 PM
Oh! I just solved this problem!!!! I got these stackable bins from Walmart. I put their names on them and everything goes into their separate bin. It's freaking awesome! It usually all goes in the recycling, but I don't have papers everywhere before that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:07 PM
I have a bin for each and all their classwork, homework and projects go in it, end of year I sort and pull out favorites and recycle the rest.
Notices go on the fridge til after whatever its for happens then recycling bin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)