Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of rash is this?Pictures***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Dd 23 has this hot patch on her chest that comes and goes throughout the day. Her dr doesnt seem concerned at all and said its stress. She used to get the 'butterfly rash' as a kid on her face. The dr stated that was stress too. How can a 23 year old have THAT much stress though... Since age 3 she had medical issues. Shes had mutiple infections; ears, throat, lungs, skin and even blood infections. She had her dd at 17 years old and had a uterus infection with blood infection right after she gave birth. The hospital ran a test on her skin and she has mrsa. She has creams and goes on antibiotics every few weeks but she has not been cleared of it since october 2014 when they told her. Her main dr has no concern at all and i believe she may have been fighting mrsa for a long time and she just didnt run a test for it.

She also gets these rashes on her arms, neck and face too still. When its around joints she has constricted movement. They are not raised. They are flat and VERY HOT. She says they feel like sun burns and sometimes they itch or sting but its always hot.

Is it all just stress?? One pic is chest other pic is arm. It comes throughout the day randomly and goes away from 10 to 40 minutes. Sometimes ice relieves the pain and sometimes not... An ice cube melts in about 15 seconds when placed over area. She texted me these pictures so i thought i would post and ask because i have no clue.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:14 PM
I don't know, but the butterfly rash on the face and sun sensitivity make me think Lupus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:15 PM
It's never lupus.

Quoting sandylanes270: I don't know, but the butterfly rash on the face and sun sensitivity make me think Lupus.
sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Does she have a lot of anxiety?

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's never lupus.

Quoting sandylanes270: I don't know, but the butterfly rash on the face and sun sensitivity make me think Lupus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Thats what keeps poping up in google... but i have no clue about lupus tbh.

AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM

I think it could be stress... I have a friend that gets a rash on her neck and chest if she's stressed or embarrassed at all... and it looks the same as the first picture. 

Do the other rashes on her arms, that are hot and constrict movement... do they come and go like that too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM
That anon wasnt me (the op).

She does have anxiety but has been on meds for it for 4 years now. Her anxiety is based on the fear of what others think of her. She says these rashes pop up anytime, anywhere. She can nap and wake up with it. Sh does dishes and another one starts. Its mainly her chest i think is affected.

Quoting sandylanes270: Does she have a lot of anxiety?

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's never lupus.

sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:19 PM
I wasn't paying attention and thought you were the anon 2 who quoted me last...
Does she have a lot of anxiety? Maybe it really is some kind of stress related hives? I would just keep taking pictures and have her see a dermatologist.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats what keeps poping up in google... but i have no clue about lupus tbh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:20 PM
I'm not a dermatologist
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Yup they come and go. Its just larger on her chest area though. She says she gets the rashes on her chest 4 to 15 times daily. Her arms and other areas are around 1 to 3 times daily but some days nothing on the arms... but the chest and face is everyday.

Quoting AmiJanell:

I think it could be stress... I have a friend that gets a rash on her neck and chest if she's stressed or embarrassed at all... and it looks the same as the first picture. 

Do the other rashes on her arms, that are hot and constrict movement... do they come and go like that too?

bresmommy21
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I always advise parents, if your not happy with the diagnosis then get a second opinion. I had a doctor want to break both my daughters legs when she was a younger because her feet turned in. I got a second opinion and found out it wasnt her leg bones at all. Use your gut instincts. Butterfly rash on face is a sign of lupus, I was diagnosed with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)