Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need you gals to put my feet back on the ground....

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

My DD is 4 (turning 5 in May) and she's been asking to take dance classes for a while. I found a few in the area and have been calling to ask questions and such and get a first class set up. I find myself on their sale section wanting to buy her duffle bags, shirts, tanks, etc all this team gear. I've reminded myself a few times that WHOA MAMA let's see if she even likes this first.

Right now I'm trying to decide on what is an appropriate amount of time to deem her "serious" or "into" dance? If she wants to take classes consistantly for a month? six months? I'm 99% sure we would start out with one class a week etc. How long do you normally give a 4 or 5 year old etc time to decide if they like a sport or dance etc before going all out?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:47 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on your finances. If you want to buy the gear and can afford it, just do it.
RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM

BUMP!

Amybelle
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM

I've been a Dance Instructor for over 25 yrs and I can usually tell from Day One which children are going to be "serious"

MrsCottingham
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:02 PM
I was a competitive baton twirler for 13 years, and from day one when I went to camp at the age of 4, my mother could tell I was serious.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)