Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was by son being an entitled brat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

the cops in my area give kids a coupon for an ice cream cone from McDonald's. Yesterday my kids and 2 of their friends were outside riding their bikes and scooters. A cop stopped said, " you have been caught being safe and wearing your helmets." And gave them each a coupon for a free ice cream cone. My son gave it back to him and said "no thank you I'm allergic to dairy." He wasn't sobbing but he did have tears in his eyes and was visibly sad. The cop asked him if he could have apple slices and he said yes. The cop then pulled out his wallet and gave him money to get some. The cops partner said he wouldn't have gave that entitled brat anything.

My son is 7 but has Down syndrome. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM
3 moms liked this
No, he was being honest. It's not like he demanded the cop give him something else.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Hes FARRRRR from entitled. Entitled would be him saying i cant have dairy give me something else. He was polite and honest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM

Not at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Not at all!!!! The cops in my area give coupons for ice cream or cookies. The partner is an ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM
He didn't ask for the money. The other cop was out of line. Also, the info about your son having downs was unnecessary.
o.0
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

How do you know what the other cop said?

CCMommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Doesn't sound like he was being entitled at all. He was polite and told him why he couldn't take it. It was really nice of the cop to give him money so he could get something else. It's not as if he demanded another item.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:30 PM

I figured I'd add it because someone would ask.

Quoting Anonymous 4: He didn't ask for the money. The other cop was out of line. Also, the info about your son having downs was unnecessary.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM

The windows were down on the car. 

Quoting o.0:

How do you know what the other cop said?

squeekers
by squeekers on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Absolute honesty is a good thing in a child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)