Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Really Not That Bad!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

So DS (7) is going to be this scary pumpkin(see below) for Halloween this year, for the past 3 years he has been something scary, Skeleton, Zombie, and Joker, this year he wanted to of course be something scary!

He picked out this costume, and it has blood that pumps through the hands, face and chest plate, we showed my mom and SIL and they thought it was awesome and loved it!

MIL on the other hand started bitching about how it was wayyyy to adult for him and that we should have chosen something less "grown up"

I think it is just fine, and if it were not for kids, why would they have his size? It isn't even that scary!!

WDYT?

Bleeding Chest Evil Pumpkin Kids Costume

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morgiefae
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:45 PM

My brother loved that kind of stuff at that age lol, ya she is over reacting. 

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:47 PM
Isn't that what Halloween is all about??? Would she rather him dress up as Hitler. Its more subdued, but what's scarier????
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Oh brother. Its halloween. Its supposed to be scary. Not all kids want to be super hero's and princesses.

CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Yeah, tell MIL to pound sand.  That's what Halloween is supposed to be about!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM

That's an awesome costume! I love it. I don't see anything wrong w/it at that age at all.

bvegas15
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:55 PM

she acts like it is a new development that he likes scary things, he has always loved scary things, and has always loved dressing up as something scary!

He gets upset every Halloween because we have told him he has to wait until he is 10 to go to a haunted house! My mother is a conservative Christian, and even she loved it!! IDK what MIL problem is....

Quoting Seagodess:

Oh brother. Its halloween. Its supposed to be scary. Not all kids want to be super hero's and princesses.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it. My little brother loved to dress up like this for Halloween. His goal was to be as scary as possible. 

bvegas15
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

There was one much scarier than this that he originally chose but they didn't have his size, so we settled on this one! She's lucky he got this one lol

I love it though, the blood pumping through it is pretty dang awesome!!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That's an awesome costume! I love it. I don't see anything wrong w/it at that age at all.

geeez
by Baroness on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:59 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. He is going to have one of the best costumes out there on Halloween...
bvegas15
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:00 PM

Yup, that is my son! If it is scary he wants it! If it isnt scary enough, mommy has to make it scarier! I had to add "blood" to the smock on this so that it would be scary enough for him haha

Quoting misskriss10:

I don't see anything wrong with it. My little brother loved to dress up like this for Halloween. His goal was to be as scary as possible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)