Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

calling all waitresses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So my brother has been dating this girl for a while, a yearish, and she's packed her stuff and threatened to leave before so they don't have the best relationship.
Now she recently got a job as a waitress she's just barely out of training and is supposedly working all day every day. Every time I call him she's supposedly working another double.
I'm not a waitress but aren't those kind of shifts something you earn over time. I can't see them handing out hours like that to a newbie.
Am I just over thinking this bc I don't trust the skank or do some establishments actually give out long hours to newbies
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:42 PM
I'm not a waitress but I would guess they were short staffed.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM
I worked shifts like that at my first waitressing gig.
MommyCassafrass
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:44 PM

When I started waiting tables years ago I was working doubles right out the gate.  It's pretty normal in every restaurant I've ever worked in. 

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:45 PM
They will give the hours to whoever will take them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:46 PM

the newbies get the shitty shifts at all the places iv worked, i worked doubles until i worked there for a year.

LoveMissCadence
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:47 PM
It really depends on how short staffed they are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:49 PM
It just depends on where she works and the staff. Restaraunts usely have high turn over rate so it's easily possible.
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:49 PM
It's been a long time since I waited tables, but this time of year is quite busy. People are shopping, and they are tired. Thus, they eat out more. And if they are short staffed? Lots of hours to be had. It will likely slow down considerably in January, and pick up briefly around Valentine's.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM
They could be short on staff, or the other workers just may not want those extra hours. The newbs get the shit. I was bartending over the summer, and from my 2nd day there I was working from 9am-10 pm at night. Talk about rough! Money was good though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM
Shes new so they are going to give her crappy hours also the holiday's are coming up so retail and restaurants are going to be super busy now .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)