Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's such a thing as too many activities

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

If your kids are complaining about being tired all the time or that they don't want to go to their third or fourth practice or event for the week then you probably have them in too many activities! These exhausted children with little time for play are very depressing to see. My best friend was like this growing up as her parents forced her to participate in too many activities and to this day she can't stand them and has a very limited relationship with them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:20 PM

I agree. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:21 PM

I agree. People think their kids need to be involved in everything for some reason.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Agreed. Mine are allowed 1 activity each and that is it. They both chose Karate so we are there 4x per week normally. They also have Homeschool music school once per week, but it is during school hours so it's counted as school, not an extra curricular. I don't count Church as we are already there. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:34 PM
I completely agree. We really value our downtime after school. They each do 1 activity and it's prefect for everyone.
FromAtoZ
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Completely agree.

Sometimes I think parents force their kids to take part in so many different activities for their own benefit.   Trying to relive their own childhoods.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM
I fully agree. It's one of the fears I have raising kids in the area where I live. It's insanely competitive here and kids are terribly over-scheduled. I want my kids to enjoy being kids!

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:36 PM
I work with a ton of Asian people. Specifically Chinese. Their kids go from one thing to another on the same day. One girl I work with, her son is in 12 different things. Its their culture. If they are relaxing or have free time it's not acceptable
ms_amanda
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Agreed. My fiend put her kid in everything and multiple activities at once from a young age. Now, kiddo is 14 and cannot just relax. She goes insane if she has nothing going on. It frightens her. It's honestly sad to see.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:39 PM
My boys are in Baseball and Soccer. It's their choice. All I do is pay the fees, make sure they have the appropriate gear, and that they make it to games and practices unless they're sick.

They want to add basketball into the mix. I did shoot that down, because they only wanted to play because their best friend plays, they thought they could be on the same team, and didn't realize until I told them that they'd have to play against him as basketball goes by the school the attend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)