Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 13 year old is having sex!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I was doing my weekly room search (she doesn't know about these). I always go through her phone and laptop to make sure she's not misbehaving on there too. Anyhow, I found a diary where she talks about having sex with this boy in her class when she went to a girl friend's house for a sleepover. I am so livid, I want to lock her up and throw away the key. She's at school now and will be home in a an hour.

Update: I talked to her. I didn't say I knew, just asked what was new in her life and a few other questions. She admitted to it. She was terrified to tell me. I made her an appointment with my gyn. I told her in no way was this acceptable. I talked to her about STDs and what STDs fail to protect against. I decided to order her one of the fake babies (someone posted a link to them) so she'll fully understand the real consequences. She'll have to take care of that baby for a week

I'm kind of proud of how calm I was. While I'm disappointed, I don't think grounding her would've been productive. It would've just shown her she can't tell me things. So instead I decided to help her understand why i don't want her doing this.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:53 PM
I have a 13-yo DD.

She'd never leave the house again.
LoveMyRoan
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Invasion of privacy. As long as she's having safe sex, the seeds been done. Instead of confronting and using this as a way for her not to feel comfortable talking to you, let her know you know she lied but don't say how.. ask her to confess
MrsCottingham
by Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Wow! I cannot even begin to imagine how upset, hurt, and disappointed you are right now. I can imagine she ain't lien the conversation when she gets home. I have been dreading when the time comes for me to have that conversation with any of mine, my oldest DD is almost 10. Good luck with that talk. Keep us updated.
Amybelle
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:54 PM

understandable

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:55 PM

Did you post this a few weeks ago?  I swear I read the same thing: sleepover with boys coming over and sex.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM
I'd lock her ass down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
She will never ever trust you again if you tell her how you found out.

I'd just drop the hammer and become a complete hard ass while having frank and detailed discussions about sexual responsibility on a regular basis. Don't tell her why, just do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:57 PM
No? There wasn't supposed to be any boys at this sleepover. I don't know the details of how he ended up there but she supposedly had a crush on him.

Quoting ejkdmom:

Did you post this a few weeks ago?  I swear I read the same thing: sleepover with boys coming over and sex.

StarLight23
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Wow I wouldn't want her to leave the house without me. That's just me though.

GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 4:58 PM
There was indeed a similar posting but in that case the young woman was pregnant as a result.

Quoting ejkdmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)