Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this might have been a mistake...help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
So last year we rescued a 1 year old german shepard/husky
Then in febuary we rescued a chow something mix. (Was supposed to be husky but isnt, she's still pretty little)
Today we seen on Craigslist a husky being given away for free. We have enough room, didn't want him to go to a bad home so we got him.

Now the two we already have are being super aggressive towards him (they've never been like this around any other dog, we socialize them regularly) I know now that we shouldn't have had them meet in our home but I didn't when we brought him in.

How do I get them to get along? I really don't want to have to re home the new addition. : /
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:31 PM

you saw

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:31 PM
It's only been a day. That's normal. They will eventually get use to each other and get along.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM
Keep the newbie in a separate room for now. Introduce something like a blanket with new dog's scent on it to the other dogs and vice versa. Let them sniff under the door. This all takes time and patience, so don't expect one big happy family overnight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:48 PM
Thanks. That was super helpful. -_-

Quoting Amybelle:

you saw

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Thank you, that gives me hope.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's only been a day. That's normal. They will eventually get use to each other and get along.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Thank you. I just didn't foresee this since the other two got along so well at first.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Keep the newbie in a separate room for now. Introduce something like a blanket with new dog's scent on it to the other dogs and vice versa. Let them sniff under the door. This all takes time and patience, so don't expect one big happy family overnight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

YOU need to be the leader of the pack and put them in their place

a chow mix... wow.. good luck.

Spare.Time
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Maybe just time will fix this.  What are their names?.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:38 PM
I would let them work it out in a safe environment. Once the third dog recognizes the hierarchy they will be fine.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)