Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

that's not a good sign...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

lmao, in these moments, I laugh because if I didn't, I'd cry. 

dd had her final evaluation today, to see if she will "test out" of her occupational, physical, and speech therapies, or be eligible for the E.C preschool next semester, Obviously, I would prefer she test out, meaning she's on age level. tBH, I wasn't very confident, I know she's got a looong way to go, but they have to test her before age 3.

they started out with a hearing and vision screening..well, vision, we never got to hearing. We had to pin dd down for the vision test and she kicked like a mule when we tried to put her ear phones in. 

During the actual testing, I had to peel her off me to escape the room to fill out paper work. She was in the room 30 minutes, and when they were done, her and the therapists came out, one was carrying my daughter, the other was carrying the shoes my dd took off and threw across the room. all three were beet red in the face and one therapist looked like dd had yanked out a chunk of her hair. 

they didn't say much, but I'm thinking dd probably is going to qualify for E.C, if for no other reason than it looked like the therapist had done battle with a rapid wombat. 

I told them, lock her in a room with unfamiliar people and she will flip shit, to let me remain in the room, in the corner, she'll know im there but she'll at least cooperate. but what the fuck do I know? I'm only her mother. 

And yes, she'd be by herself if she went to school, I couldn't be with her, but she knows the teacher in that class, there are kids she knows in that class, it's a room full of activities, not a administration office with two people she's never seen before.

yeah, this has been a FML type of day, but I keep moving forward, and try not to bitch slap people, that seems like a philosophy that most anyone would agree with. 

mini Rant over. 

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rgba
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:34 PM
I would not have left my under 3 year old alone with strangers for 30 minutes to test her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:38 PM

normally, I would agree, but it's not random people. they are school administrators with the counties Early Intervention Program, they were being supervised by a staff member, plus there is camera monitoring. I knew one of the women, her two kids used to go to my preschool.

Quoting rgba: I would not have left my under 3 year old alone with strangers for 30 minutes to test her.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:39 PM
Why weren't you allowed in the room for a vision/hearing exam? I would not have left her with them, because that makes no sense to me.
JENNlEPEPSl
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:02 PM

I hate it when people think us moms are 'over reacting' i go through this twice a year at the dentist, when they say 'no parents in the back' and i say 'i dont think so' SMH. Sometimes people are ignorant. 

lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 3:20 AM

I was allowed in for the health screenings, but they prefer parents be out of the room for the rest of it, some parents try to feed. the kids answers, or can be distracting. dd is left alone with her regular therapist most of the time, but she's been working with them almost 2 years, so she doesn't get upset. but these ladies are the ones who do the formal evaluations, and she'd never met them, which is why she freaked out. 

Quoting CheerioHolder: Why weren't you allowed in the room for a vision/hearing exam? I would not have left her with them, because that makes no sense to me.

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Oct. 30, 2015 at 5:21 AM
There should have been a double window for you to sit and watch.

This type of testing is unacceptable.

I have 2 profoundly sn kids. I have never left them alone for testing before they were teens.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 8:55 AM
We live in the boonies, they can't afford text books, let alone a double window. Until I get answers, I'm limited to doing her testing at the public school. Once we figure put what we are dealing with, were planning to either try a local charter school, there's private school, or possibly homeschooling. But for now, that's what I have to do yo get answers. It sucks.

Quoting left.drowning: There should have been a double window for you to sit and watch.

This type of testing is unacceptable.

I have 2 profoundly sn kids. I have never left them alone for testing before they were teens.

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 8:58 AM

No, it's not a good sign.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)