Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i switch his formula anyway?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

so when i had my son almost five months ago we put him on similc advanced. well he couldnt keep that down so his dr put him on soy. he was doing fine on soy untill here recently he started spitting up his whole feedings again. i told his dr about it and she said to figure somthing out because im not not changing his formula. like wtf. should i just switch him anyways and buy it myself and use the soy for back up. or what should i do im going to see how he does on enfamil nutramigen. what should i do? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

FIND A NEW DR WHO ACTUALLY LISTENS TO YOU!!!!

FFS

AND REPORT THAT ONE FOR BEING AN ASSHOLE

AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Besides formula changes... what else do you do for reflux? 

Is he on medications? Do you burp him often? Are you over feeding, how much does he take at a time?  Have a bottle that reduces air (like Dr Brown)? Keep him upright for 30 mins after a feeding? Does he sleep in a danny sling? Have you tried thickened feedings?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:54 PM

i do burp often we put him on dr browns bottles because of it. no hes not on any medication when i mentioned it the dr said figure something out. he sleeps in a bouncer so hes up right all the time except for tummy time and i cant thicken his feedings cuz no onewill tell me how.

Quoting AmiJanell:

Is he on medications? Do you burp him often? Are you over feeding, how much does he take at a time?  Have a bottle that reduces air (like Dr Brown)? Keep him upright for 30 mins after a feeding? Does he sleep in a danny sling? Have you tried thickened feedings?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:55 PM

I think you either didn't explain it thoroughly, or you misunderstood his pediatrician. Either way, there's not really enough information here to offer sound suggestions.

How many times has he spit up his food? And was it the entire feeding, every feeding, or just a little bit randomly?

Did you recently increase his bottle size or change to a faster-flow nipple? If he's eating too much, or eating too fast, it can cause reflux issues. That could be what's happening.

Did you recently introduce solids? That can affect his digestion, as well. Maybe he can't handle cereal just yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM

the dr is supposed to HELP you figure it out...since he refuses, fire him...what other life threatening emergency is he NOT going to handle for you down the road? BIG RED FLAG FOR THIS 'DOCTOR'

Quoting Anonymous 1:

i do burp often we put him on dr browns bottles because of it. no hes not on any medication when i mentioned it the dr said figure something out. he sleeps in a bouncer so hes up right all the time except for tummy time and i cant thicken his feedings cuz no onewill tell me how.

Quoting AmiJanell:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Best bet would be to find a new Pediatrician and in the meantime switch formula if you think it will help. Also try feeding him a little less. Like instead of giving him 5 ounces give him 4- 4 1/2 ounces instead. When DS was a baby he had a horrible time with projectile vomiting. When we fed him we'd stop to burp him after about two ounces and then would finish the feeding. It didn't always work. Eventually the doctor started us on the dreaded formula mixed with cereal feedings and that seemed to help. Definitely look into a different doctor though. Sounds like the one you have is one of those people that think because you can't have one brand of something than you won't have a problem with the other brand ever. I have a friend who's son was born the day before DS. She ended up having to give her son Acidopholis ( I know that's not spelled right) milk and goats milk for her son. Soy even gave that baby problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:07 PM
My son had refluxs really badly we had him on similac advance till we switched him over to the orange can and was putting baby cereal in the bottle and it helped out alot with refluxs.

Fire the doctor. He isn't helping you and find a new one that will.

Also don't shack the formula in the bottle but stir it. It'll also help him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:09 PM

You could be a good mom and breast feed.

Milkncookiess
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Bahahahahahahahahahhah. LOVE THESE COMMENTS

Quoting Anonymous 6:

You could be a good mom and breast feed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:14 PM
What do you mean but it yourself?? Does your doctor give you the formula?

Try feeding him less and see if it stops.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)