Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm worried about her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
My daughter is in second grade. She had been doing good in school so far, but this year is going really bad and I can't understand it.

She was happy at first but now she hates school and is crying all the time. She hates that she has to wait until her siblings that are in HS end their classes and go pick her up, but I can't go for her and she only has to wait 30 minutes.

In the afternoons she is okay. But nights are pretty bad, she refuse to go to sleep or to eat. She pees on the bed at least three times a week.

Mornings are hell, she screams and cry, when I finally get her in the bathroom, she takes a long time and then makes everyone late because she takes a bite of her breakfast every five minutes.

I don't know what to do anymore with her. She has an appointment with a psychologist but I'm really worried.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:47 PM
Is she being bullied and has not told you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM
I talk with her a lot and so do her siblings. I went to talk with her teacher but he says that nobody bother her and he has no idea of what could be possibly wrong.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: Is she being bullied and has not told you?
Charlie557
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Something is probably going on at school. Kids don't just have sudden changes like that for no reason.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM

Poor girl. Perhaps she's being bullied at school.

i hope y'all get it figured out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:57 PM
I know but I've tried everything and I can't get her to tell me anything. I went to the school but her teacher doesn't know anything either.

Quoting Charlie557:

Something is probably going on at school. Kids don't just have sudden changes like that for no reason.

kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:58 PM
My dd is similar. It has helped that she sleeps in her clothes for the next day, one less morning battle.

Also, at night we talk about the next morning in detail so there's clear expectations.

I also started walking her 20 minutes earlier, then I'll say, "ok, I'll let you sleep 5 more minutes", and I get her up 5 minutes later.

But in the morning she still whines about every detail about school. During the day she's great and after school she's great. Bedtime & waking are miserable.
mommaof697
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Something is happening at school that is bothering her. Is she being bullied? something else going on? 

Why can't you go pick her up? could yoou have her go home with a friend and have her older siblings pick her up from there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:12 PM
She used to get up at 6:30. Now she is waking up at 5:40 at she stills manage to make everybody late for school and work.

Quoting kgsharber: My dd is similar. It has helped that she sleeps in her clothes for the next day, one less morning battle.

Also, at night we talk about the next morning in detail so there's clear expectations.

I also started walking her 20 minutes earlier, then I'll say, "ok, I'll let you sleep 5 more minutes", and I get her up 5 minutes later.

But in the morning she still whines about every detail about school. During the day she's great and after school she's great. Bedtime & waking are miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:17 PM
I went to the school at talked with her teacher and he said he has no idea there is someone bothering her. She gets along well with the other kids. I can't go to pick her up because I work, we live a bit far from the school so let her go with a friend would meant extra time. Her siblings go for her inmediatly when they finish. If one of them ends first, he or she goes and stays with her until my oldest go for them in the car.

Quoting mommaof697:

Something is happening at school that is bothering her. Is she being bullied? something else going on? 

Why can't you go pick her up? could yoou have her go home with a friend and have her older siblings pick her up from there?

SlaJack
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Did her primary doctor refer her toa  psychologist?  I would definitely not assume this will get better over time.

Good luck to you.*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)