Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at my wits end with my stepson!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My stepson lives with myself, dh and our 3 kids. He is 23 and acts like a teenager. He does not clean help clean unless I tell him to. He finally got a job last week but doesn't have a car.

This morning I went into the hallway bathroom to watch my kids brush their teeth. I look in the tub and his pants are laying in the tub full of water. I went downstairs to let him know they were still there. He said he would get them.

I haven't been home all day. After dinner I take my kids upstairs to give them their baths. His freaking pants were on the floor still wet. I asked him yesterday to clean the bathroom because he has his chin hair around the counter and he didn't do it!

He uses the hallway bathroom just as much as my kids but he doesn't want to clean it. He actually had a temper tantrum about it.

I have to clean up after him and my kids. It seems like all I do is clean.

I'm just tired of it. Dh has talked to him, I have talked to him and it's like he doesn't care. My dh doesn't want to kick him out because he has no place else to go. I'm just like ugh. Sorry I'm just venting
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:38 PM

yeah,he needs to go..if he had consequences,he wouldnt be a douche..

Corieva
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Why does your husband have final say? Tell your husband that he will now be cleaning up after his grown ass kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:39 PM
My dh works nights and works a lot of ot. I wouldn't feel right asking him to clean the bathroom

Quoting Corieva: Why does your husband have final say? Tell your husband that he will now be cleaning up after his grown ass kid.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:39 PM
He needs to respect your home or GTFO.
Corieva
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:40 PM
Then you'll continue to be treated like the maid.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dh works nights and works a lot of ot. I wouldn't feel right asking him to clean the bathroom

Quoting Corieva: Why does your husband have final say? Tell your husband that he will now be cleaning up after his grown ass kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM
SMFH.
artistic_kitty
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Time for some tuff love. I'd be giving him a 30 day notice to move out. He's old enough to be out on his own. At the very least he needs to be paying you rent. And if he doesn't want to do what needs to be done around the house then you should fine him a cleaning fee for each chore he leave undone.

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM

Next time, put the soaking wet pants on his pillow.

lowencope
by ❤️Lucy 💋 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. He's an adult.

Quoting Danesmommy1: He needs to respect your home or GTFO.
Boobear110
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Have your DH clean up after him. 

Sit down with DH and let him know what you expect. Don't let him walk all over you. He's an adult . Have him pay a small amount of rent and give him a weekly "to do" list. He can get off his butt and help out. 

Let your DH handle him and letting him know the expectations . Time for talk is over. Sometimes they need a swift kick in the ass. 

I have 2 grown sons 23 & 27 . My 27 yo would still be living here if I hadn't of given him an ultimatum 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)