Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They're mad I let her move in

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
My parents fell on some hard times, financially, about six years ago. Instead of things getting better, they got worse when my mom got pregnant 'on accident', and then again and again. Once, ok. Having three more kids, when you can't afford the kids you have? Not ok. The kids that still live at home are 15, 5,4, and 2. I also have another sister, who just turned 17. Our parents have made her work part time for the last year, which wouldn't be so bad, except they take her money and use it to pay their bills. She's been wearing mostly my hand me downs, I've bought her everything she needs for school, while our parents take her money and use it for their younger kids. She asked me if she could move in with me. Since she's 17, while she's still a minor, they aren't going to force her home. I said yes and she moved in with me. Our parents are furious at the loss of income. Apparently, our mother is also pregnant again and they were counting on my sister working to make ends meet.

I told them they should grow the fuck up, stop reproducing, and be decent parents. They didn't appreciate that.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KAmamaJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:49 PM
I don't blame you at all, and good for you, letting her move in. Poor kid :/

Your parents sound like my mother. She's popping out more kids she can't afford. Thankfully, my brother and I were already out of the house before she started that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously? They were depending on a 17 year old's income? Tell them to get PA like everyone else lol. Not entirely kidding, poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you. But I wouldn't be surprised if you have a chain of siblings coming through your door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:56 PM
I feel horrible for her. I'm sure once my other sister turns 16, they'll do the same thing to her.

Quoting KAmamaJ: I don't blame you at all, and good for you, letting her move in. Poor kid :/

Your parents sound like my mother. She's popping out more kids she can't afford. Thankfully, my brother and I were already out of the house before she started that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:57 PM
They are already on PA, and they weren't counting her income in their applications. They're still not making ends meet.

Quoting bleumonster: Seriously? They were depending on a 17 year old's income? Tell them to get PA like everyone else lol. Not entirely kidding, poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:57 PM
I'll take them. I'm sure they'll do the same to my next oldest sister once she turns 16.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Good for you. But I wouldn't be surprised if you have a chain of siblings coming through your door.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you are able to be there for your sister.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Sucks to be them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are already on PA, and they weren't counting her income in their applications. They're still not making ends meet.

Quoting bleumonster: Seriously? They were depending on a 17 year old's income? Tell them to get PA like everyone else lol. Not entirely kidding, poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:59 PM
It does, and yet, they keep having more kids! I just can't get past that! If they could provide for their children, fine. Have as many as you want. But they can't.

Quoting bleumonster: Sucks to be them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: They are already on PA, and they weren't counting her income in their applications. They're still not making ends meet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Me too.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I'm glad you are able to be there for your sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)