Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite thing about aging?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:53 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm 38. Mine is the ability to care less. I can actually tell people what I think without much reseravation. I've always been hyper sensitive, and I still can be at times... but I care less and less as I get older. I also talk more about positives than negatives. Believe me, I've had my share of awful crap in my life but it doesn't seem as important to me anymore. I like the good shit. It's what keeps me sane. I also like my husbands sprouting gray hairs ;) What's your favorite thing about getting older?
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I'm quite at that point yet. I'm only 29...next year will be the big 3-oh. I'm hoping as I age to gain more confidence & self love. To gain a sense of who I really am, I suppose. Also looking forward to the endless sex you're supposed to have once you reach your 30's. You know that 'ole biological clock tick tockin' away.

Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Definitely the self-confidence. Or maybe it's just not-giving-a-shit-about-what-people-think-ness!
LeilaBeansMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 7:59 PM
I'm 34. I love the confidence that came along with my 30s. The ability to finally truly be fine with me the way I am, not constantly trying to impress someone or worry about if they liked me or not.
bibdybobdyboob
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have to buy bras anymore because my boobs tuck in my waistband. Hahaha.

On a serious note, I feel like I have an excellent, loyal circle of friends. I also worry less about the small stuff.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:01 PM
Sex is great in your 30's. It's why I had my first at 36 and second at 37 :) We will be very lucky if we don't have 3rd. Despite the craziness!

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I don't think I'm quite at that point yet. I'm only 29...next year will be the big 3-oh. I'm hoping as I age to gain more confidence & self love. To gain a sense of who I really am, I suppose. Also looking forward to the endless sex you're supposed to have once you reach your 30's. You know that 'ole biological clock tick tockin' away.

skipp2
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
The ability - and joy! - of telling people no. Yes, it took me a long time. Like you, I'm seeing the positive, negative thoughts don't plague me like they used to, I just feel more at peace generally. And I like how I look now, my face is becoming more angular? I'm almost 40, and wouldn't trade it for my 20's. (Well maybe a few nights, lol!)
Johnsmom5892
by Hope on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I can think of a million reasons why I don't like getting old. I guess the fact the I am more confident in my own skin and I am content in my life finally. Becoming a grandmother is kinda cool too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I turned 40 this year and I love the confidence that comes with it. I am happy with who I am and if people don't like it, tough crap.
KAmamaJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm only 25, so not really 'aging'. However, the older I get, the more easily I get taken seriously as a mother, a nurse, and a person in general.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:22 PM
I feel exactly the same!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)