Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for moms who had children young

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM
  • 31 Replies

Do you ever wonder what life might have been like for you if you had made a decision other than having your child? I adore my baby boy, but seeing former classmates travel the world, go out every night, and just be free makes me wonder where I would have been at this point in my life if I had made the choice to not have a child. Has anyone ever had these thoughts ? 

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:02 PM
Nope. I had the life they were are still working to get. Most of them have made it here :)
LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:03 PM

I'm glad things turned out the way you wanted them too darlin. How old were you when you had your first little one? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope. I had the life they were are still working to get. Most of them have made it here :)

CafeMom Tickers

Leilanis_mommy1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:03 PM
I have im 20 years old I had a choice to have her or not I decided to have her we both wanted a kid but its easier said then done, I don't regret it at all but I do still want to be the young person I am but its fine I'm more good of a person now as a mom then how I was before I had her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:04 PM
20. So not a teen (that would have played out differently).

Quoting LilyRuiz213:

I'm glad things turned out the way you wanted them too darlin. How old were you when you had your first little one? 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope. I had the life they were are still working to get. Most of them have made it here :)

KAmamaJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Depends on what you mean by young. I was 21 and 22 when I became a mom to my kids. Some consider that fairly young. No, I don't regret or wonder, but my children are adopted, so my life was carefully planned beforehand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM

I feel that way sometimes as well. I was always a homebody in my teen years, I never really experienced what most teens do. The mall visits, the teen lounge nights, the sleep overs, etc etc. I wonder what my life would be like if I were dorming, rather than doing instate college. So many questions. But I agree, I think being a mom has helped keep me on the straight and narrow. 

Quoting Leilanis_mommy1: I have im 20 years old I had a choice to have her or not I decided to have her we both wanted a kid but its easier said then done, I don't regret it at all but I do still want to be the young person I am but its fine I'm more good of a person now as a mom then how I was before I had her.

CafeMom Tickers

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I was 19 when I had my son, I still felt like I was too young for the responsibility, but I also didn't and still don't believe in abortion so I owned up to my actions you know. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: 20. So not a teen (that would have played out differently).
Quoting LilyRuiz213:

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Yes , i had medical problems in my late 20's , had I waited to have my children I probably would have never had children due to medical reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Yes, I do sometimes wonder how my life would have been different had I not had my first child when I did. However, I do have a good life now, and I don't regret my child in any way.

Gummy-bear
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Eh.. I'm past all that. My oldest is 12 and I'm 32. I did during my mid 20's but not anymore. I love being a mom and having that motivation to give them the very best I can. Life with dh is a wonderful one, so wherever we are as long as were together doesn't make me feel like I'm missing out on anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)