Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm still processing having two kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
It feels really weird. Baby is only 3 months. I don't do routines and just let things fall into place. A lot of things come up so having a routine gets thrown out the window so i just stopped with that and everything runs much smoother. Im getting the hang of two kids...idk why it feels so weird to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:48 PM
Bump
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:49 PM
I'm scared sh*tless. Glad to hear you've adjusted well!
KAmamaJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:51 PM
It took me a while to adjust to it. I had time to prepare and plan for my daughter, but when I got the call that her little brother needed a home, I said yes and had about three hours to prepare before the case manager showed up with him. He wasn't quite 2 months old, and I'd never had a baby before, my daughter was 5 and she'd only been with me a few months.

It took a while, but I got the hang of it, we got a routine, and life was good. Still is, several years later. Good luck, and congrats on the baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Im still scared shitless lol

Quoting Libby22: I'm scared sh*tless. Glad to hear you've adjusted well!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Thank you

Quoting KAmamaJ: It took me a while to adjust to it. I had time to prepare and plan for my daughter, but when I got the call that her little brother needed a home, I said yes and had about three hours to prepare before the case manager showed up with him. He wasn't quite 2 months old, and I'd never had a baby before, my daughter was 5 and she'd only been with me a few months.

It took a while, but I got the hang of it, we got a routine, and life was good. Still is, several years later. Good luck, and congrats on the baby!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:53 PM
I have 3 and have never had a routine. My life pre-kids certainly never ran on schedule so why force 4 of us in a box?

Flexibility goes a long way.

Don't be scared, you got this!
mrsc19
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM

it was hard for me to adjust also. when he was 6 months i felt like i could handle being a mother of 2. i was so use to just get up and go.

bookwormx4
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Congrats!!!! Im working on #5 at the momemt and each child is an adjustment. You'll get there...

OTOH #5 is scaring me shitless though lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:56 PM

It took time for me to adjust and then one day it was just normal. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:59 PM
I understand I went from nine to a step daughter and my son in less then a year then had my youngest and babysat a baby when the youngest was just shy of 2.. It's a crazy adjustment but I'm very pro schedule. My kids thrive on schedules and it's helpful to me when everyone is on the same nap schedule. Only thing that's not scheduled is morning routine, lunch and dinner time. Just bed time schedules.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)