Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Special needs: your mind never rests does it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I always thought as my son gets older he's now five my mind would ease and we'd adjust to his life and all the joy but also problems it brings... Every night I find myself cuddling with him in bed and fearing his future and how far he will get. I'm just terrified lately of his future after high school and he's not even in high school lately...

:/ I feel like with every therapy session every school iep meeting every meeting this just gets worse.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:30 PM
Breath... I would like to say it gets better... Are you talking to someone for yourself? I know, easier said than done...
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:31 PM

I feel you, I always worry about whats going to happen when he's older in school. Will the kids still be nice to him or start being nasty? Will he be able to have a girlfriend? Or will he be seen as some kind of joke to people? The struggle is real mamma. Keeo your head up. 

JENNlEPEPSl
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:32 PM

I know. Sometimes it feels like life revolves around it 100%. 

Take a deep breath, and remember to take time to focus on something completely unrelated. dont burn yourself out! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:33 PM
No I did vent to my ob when checking on my pregnancy the other day o didn't mean to but it happened and he was helpful. I talk to my husband who's concerned about now and not really the future and Ds dad isn't concerned at all or even likes to admit that our son has a disability.

I think my son starting kindergarten is freaking me out the most about this...

Quoting heatherh610: Breath... I would like to say it gets better... Are you talking to someone for yourself? I know, easier said than done...
heatherh610
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:41 PM
It happens. You need to look for a support system because the road is long, even if it is a group in here or a Facebook group. My hubby doesn't seem concerned either... And my ex refuses to admit that anything is wrong with his son dispite all of the professionals who have agreed on a diagnosis. (In fact he insists that I Doctor shopped for the diagnosis when I was shopping for a doc that disagreed!!!).
I don't know what your child's disability is, but whatever it is, start educating yourself on what to expect as he gets older. Look for success stories and not just worst case scenarios. Plan for what you can... And if you are anything like me, pray a LOT!

Quoting Anonymous 1: No I did vent to my ob when checking on my pregnancy the other day o didn't mean to but it happened and he was helpful. I talk to my husband who's concerned about now and not really the future and Ds dad isn't concerned at all or even likes to admit that our son has a disability.

I think my son starting kindergarten is freaking me out the most about this...

Quoting heatherh610: Breath... I would like to say it gets better... Are you talking to someone for yourself? I know, easier said than done...
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 2:03 AM
Yep
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)