Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not cut out for this.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I wanted so much to get an education and now that I am getting it I am extremely stress out. I hate it! Achieving my Ph.D is driving me nuts and I feel depressed. I did it because I want to earn money and give my kids a better life. Right now, I am just crying and I want to quit. I want to stay home with my kids and have a simple life. I can't stand it. I am extremely stressed out. I just can't quit because I have a lot kn students loans. I don't want to put my family in and even bigger strain. I hate it! I just want to cry. I feel like my nerves are on extreme edge. I just can't do it anymore. Sorry this is a vent, I am crying, my kids and husband are at sleep and I have noone to talk to.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:07 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous
Rigby229
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:09 PM
Can you lighten your class load a bit? You just sound overwhelmed.
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:10 PM

Why do you need a Ph.D for your career? 

mrsmamab
by Lacye on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:11 PM
It will be so worth it! Just calm down and think of the good things that will come from you getting this degree. You could go to Disney World! You could buy a house!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Clinical psychology... I am trying to find out if I can find a decent job with my masters. I just don't want to do it anymore. Today something happen I can't disclose and it threw me over the edge. It is really stressing me out.

Quoting AmiJanell:

Why do you need a Ph.D for your career? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:14 PM
If I could go back in time I would not choose this.

Quoting mrsmamab: It will be so worth it! Just calm down and think of the good things that will come from you getting this degree. You could go to Disney World! You could buy a house!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM
No they pressure us to finish in 6 years. We have to many classes and practices. It is really overwhelming. I cant stand the pressure of being perfect all the time. I just can't.

Quoting Rigby229: Can you lighten your class load a bit? You just sound overwhelmed.
Landon2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Keep your head up and keep doing what you're doing!! 

Dont give up on yourself or your kids :) hugs mama you can do it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)