Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snotty girl at the end of the street

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

We moved here a couple of years ago and there is a family at the end of the street that consists of twins, a boy and girl aged about 9 or 10, and a girl about DD's age.  DD is 7.  I have developed a neighborly repoire with the mother.  The older twin girl is always being snarky to DD.  I've even heard her call DD a weirdo when she didn't think I could hear.  I've let it go and let it go but honestly it just makes my blood boil.  DD has an older friend who is 11 and when she comes over they usually end up playing outside in the culdesac and all the other kids come out and play and it's great, but every single time this girl is in the group DD's older friend tells me the things she says to DD.  She just talks down to her, and is super condescending, etc, just overall jerkiness.  I keep trying to keep DD away from her, but it's impossible what with how tight knit our street is.  We are always doing block parties, etc.  For Halloween we will have a block party with a bounce house......anyway, I am well aware that this girl does not have to be friends with my DD or even like her but the rudeness is unnecessary.  I wanna tell the mom, because I would wanna know.  I already confronted the girl, of course she just lied and said no I don't not like her......what she doesn't realize is I have an inside source.  WWYD?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:17 PM

I also would like to add that when we first moved here DD would bake cookies, treats, etc on a regular basis and then first house she would choose to deliver them to was this family.  She's been nothing but super nice to them.  

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:24 PM

i would tell the mom that her kid is being a jerk

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:24 PM
I would tell my daughter to stand up for herself.

But honestly I don't get involved with childhood friend drama. They need to figure this stuff out on theirown.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Quoting imthatgirl0607: I would tell my daughter to stand up for herself. But honestly I don't get involved with childhood friend drama. They need to figure this stuff out on theirown.

Yeah I usually don't either, I hear what you're saying

I did tell her to stand up for herself but she just wont

imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Then maybe it's just not bothering her as much as it is you.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting imthatgirl0607: I would tell my daughter to stand up for herself.

But honestly I don't get involved with childhood friend drama. They need to figure this stuff out on theirown.

Yeah I usually don't either, I hear what you're saying

I did tell her to stand up for herself but she just wont

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:33 PM
You need to give your daughter the tools to handle it, she will deal with girls like this many times in life and mommy can't always tattle to the other mommy.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I also would like to add that when we first moved here DD would bake cookies, treats, etc on a regular basis and then first house she would choose to deliver them to was this family.  She's been nothing but super nice to them.  

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:36 PM

This is just how life goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: You need to give your daughter the tools to handle it, she will deal with girls like this many times in life and mommy can't always tattle to the other mommy.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Well I would wanna know if my kid was being an asshole that's all

i gave the tools, it's up to her

its not bothering her nearly as much as me......

Bumblebutt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:42 PM

She just sounds like a little jerk. She doesn't sound like she's hurting your kid though. I'd tell your dd that this is just something she's gonna have to deal with through life, not everyone is sunflowers and roses and she's just gonna have to learn to stick up for herself. 

photo B_zpsd06nmv1b.png

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:45 PM

I'd rat her out to her mom and I'd send her home the first time she says something mean, every time, or call the rest of the kids into your house or yard to play and freeze her out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)