Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's YOUR fault!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sister's wedding was this Saturday. She's always wanted a Halloween wedding. Her bachelorette party was last weekend. She got drunk and made out with some random guy, then took it a little further. They didn't have full on sex, but the pictures are pretty raunchy, clothes are coming off, and there's obvious touching. The pictures are ones a friend, also drunk at the time, took. We saw them tonight when we all got together (my sister and her fiancé, my husband and I, the friend who took the pictures). I guess she hadn't looked through all the pictures, and we saw them all together. My sister's fiancé broke up with her right then and there. Called off the wedding, told her to get lost.

My sister is devastated. She wants me to talk to him, she's crashing on our couch, and she spent three hours sobbing and crying about how mean he was, how it wasn't her fault, how he shouldn't take it so seriously. I get that she's sad. I can't even imagine. But what the hell was she thinking? And no, alcohol is NOT an excuse! She was expecting me to be on her side, but I'm not. I don't condone cheating. I finally gave her some Benadryl and told her to get some sleep.

But now what do I do? She's now homeless, she gave up her apartment to move in with her fiancé after the wedding, her lease ends on Monday. I hope to god she's calmer and more rational tomorrow.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Woah
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:30 PM
Help her look for an apartment?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of shitty friends are all of you that you allowed this to happen?

It probably wasn't mean th to be
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Yeah, I guess. But knowing her financial situation, I don't think she'll find anything, at least not quickly.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Help her look for an apartment?
Anonymous
Yup. Not what I was expecting when I agreed to have everyone over today.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Woah
DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:32 PM

tell her to get her ass to get to work and find a new apartment. she brought this all on herself

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
I'm her sister, and I wasn't at the party. I didn't know anything about this until I saw the pictures.

The other friend, I have no idea why she didn't check the pictures. But at the end of the day, this is on my sister.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What kind of shitty friends are all of you that you allowed this to happen?

It probably wasn't mean th to be
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:33 PM
How was she supporting herself before she met Mr. Wonderful?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I guess. But knowing her financial situation, I don't think she'll find anything, at least not quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:33 PM
I agree. However, she's my little sister, and worse, she's a bit of a brat :/ I have a feeling this is going to be a long, drawn out mess before I get her out of my house.

Quoting DJsmama34:

tell her to get her ass to get to work and find a new apartment. she brought this all on herself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:35 PM
She's a waitress. The apartment she had was cheap, it went 2 days after the landlord advertised it.

That's what makes me so mad about this. He really was a wonderful man, if she'd kept it together she could have had a great life with him, and he was a good influence on her. She was actually back in college because he encouraged her.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: How was she supporting herself before she met Mr. Wonderful?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I guess. But knowing her financial situation, I don't think she'll find anything, at least not quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)