Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soon To Be MIL Is A Joke... update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
As far as a mother goes. Not only did she lie to my DF about who is father was his whole life his whole supposed to be family did. There is a little bit of a family feud at the moment and she says she isn't choosing sides between her biological son (my DF) and her nephew only by marriage. Yep I'd say mother of the year award goes to her... not. What a joke. I'm at the end of my rope with this woman. I'd never choose any one else's side over my child's no matter what. If they were in the wrong of course I'd voice my opinion and try to help steer them in the right direction while still being supportive.

DF bought a car from her nephew by marriage. He moved out of state when we paid the car off and refused to send the title after he found out we were in a car wreck and that we were supposed to be getting a $2500 check back. He contacted the insurance said that we weren't buying the car and that it was still in his name. He sent his title to the insurance company and screwed us out of the money from the insurance company. DF is taking him to court because we had all receipts and had a proper bill of sale. Soon to be MIL is saying my DF is out of line and all kinds of stuff.

Background on why she lied to DF and had his adopted family lie to him his whole life. She wanted to leave his bio dad to get with his adopted dad and instead of doing so in an acceptable way she wrote several hot checks and put my FIL in prison where she filed for divorce and went and eloped with my DFs adopted dad. When his bio dad got out of prison he got full custody because she was a dope cook and was on meth really bad. He had full custody and she had supervised visits with her family. On one of her supervised visits she fled the state and stayed in Arizona so long she got bio dad taken off the birth certificate and put adopelted dad on it and lived out the lie. After he found out he was adopted shit hit the fan hard. She made up numerous lies about how he tried killing her etc and said there was police reports in several counties around us. DF looked for such evidence and found nothing. When him and I got back together he informed me and we started spending time with his bio dad and his brothers and sisters. Ever since his mom has hated my guts. He resents her and how she lied to him. His adopted family went to the extreme of telling him he had to choose me, my sons, and our DD or them or else. He chose me and they disowned him. His mom puts all the blame on me as does his adopted family. When its all their fault. MIL don't like that she doesn't get to keep DD but she never has tried asking to keep her every night nor has she tried having a relationship with my kids or her only granddaughter. So I don't push my daughter into her life. She plays favorites between my DF and his brother plus my daughter and her grandson. She is about to get a piece of my mind. It hurts my sons that she doesn't have anything to do with them and I know it will hurt my daughter too and I'm not willing to let her hurt them or DF not anymore.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 30, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Am I wrong to have bad thoughts about her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:25 AM

yes you're wrong, you should stay out of his relationship with his mother.

MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I think woman that lie to their child about who their father is or don't even know who the father is are disgusting.  And it's got to be humiliating for the kid to find out everyone else is in on the lie.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:43 AM
I'm going to lie to my kid and I don't see it as disgusting .

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I think woman that lie to their child about who their father is or don't even know who the father is are disgusting.  And it's got to be humiliating for the kid to find out everyone else is in on the lie.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:43 AM
Maybe people will be more interested if you elaborated on what the drama with the nephew is?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! We need more details.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Maybe people will be more interested if you elaborated on what the drama with the nephew is?
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:46 AM
My cousin wishes her mother had lied to her. Living with the truth has not been easy for her, and that's an understatement.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm going to lie to my kid and I don't see it as disgusting .

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:47 AM
Why is she taking her nephews' side? Please elaborate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 31, 2015 at 8:48 AM
That's exactly the reason I will lie to my son. He already has a good father figure who actually loves and supports him. There's no reason to break his heart over an unwanted truth.

Quoting AngelSinger: My cousin wishes her mother had lied to her. Living with the truth has not been easy for her, and that's an understatement.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm going to lie to my kid and I don't see it as disgusting .

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)