Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please give me some input

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My DH and I got in a big argument last weekend and he told me that he was unhappy and thought it's been over for awhile now. I got really really angry and he said he didn't care how I felt about it. I was in a state of shock and couldn't believe he really said that. I couldn't even cry until later because it didn't feel real. Then later on that night he said he was just mad and didn't want us to split. He said it would be easier if he wanted it over. I don't know how to take that and I've been thinking about it all week. I feel like I should just leave but I'm struggling to find the strength to do so. I'm not happy and I don't know if we will ever get back to being happy with each other. I am scared that I will be more unhappy without him because there are times where things are good. I just don't know what to think.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Counseling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Do you get why he wouldn't leave? He made it sound like he's miserable yet he doesn't want to leave. It doesn't make sense.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Counseling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM
Can you do a trial separation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM
): I'm sorry
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you need some quality time together so you can talk and focus on your relationship. Maybe a second honeymoon to reconnect. I hope things work out for you! :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:50 PM
ya but I'm not sure where I would go and if it would help.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you do a trial separation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Counseling would be a great way to figure it all out.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you get why he wouldn't leave? He made it sound like he's miserable yet he doesn't want to leave. It doesn't make sense.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:52 PM

Is he financially dependant upon you?  Could be a reason to stay even if he's miserable. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:54 PM
Maybe you're both just frustrated and bored. Try counseling, a 3rd party helps sometimes

Quoting Anonymous 1: ya but I'm not sure where I would go and if it would help.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you do a trial separation?
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Honestly? Some men are very uncomfortable with tears. They will change their tunes quick when confronted with them.

There is an episode of "Seinfeld" that illustrates this point. Kramer is breaking up with an unseen girlfriend. He tells her he is too good for her, they have no future, and that she contributes "nothing to society."

Then she cries. And Kramer's next words? He takes it all back. He loves her. And is desperate for her to know it.

I don't think you are going to get to the truth without a counselor. Please, do this ASAP.

Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Do you get why he wouldn't leave? He made it sound like he's miserable yet he doesn't want to leave. It doesn't make sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)