Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't want that job,but I took it ugh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I'm a single mother with a 3 year old son. I'm going to school and I've been trying to look for at least a part time job, plus I live with my parents who helped me out a lot and I was 16 when I had my son I know I made bad decisions in the past but I wouldn't trade my son for anything. I got interviewed at Wal-mart and I wanted to work in apparel or cosmetics and they offered me maintenance job. I do not want to clean toilets, then they needed maintenance badly so I took it even though I don't want to. This is my 2nd week and after I've done ton of CBLs I was trained by an old man who worked at Wal-mart for 25 years, I can't stand cleaning mens restroom and I had to wait 30 minutes because the guys keep going in the restrooms until I finally go in there to clean. I've cleaned up vomit, shit, piss, picked up broken class, swept underneath the shelves and found a dead rat in groceries and I about passed out, had to take trash out and wash the trashcans, I had the walkie and they called me every few minutes even when I'm on break. Today I had to clean up bleach that got on my pants and claims showed me how to dispose it since it's hazardous. I wanted to quit so bad, but I won't give up just yet and hopefully it'll get easier. I guess we all start somewhere.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vamaria
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

You are doing the right thing in stepping up and taking the job in order to provide for your son. Hoping they transfer you soon!

AuntFib
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:05 AM

We do what we have to do.  Stay strong!  You can do this; and better things are ahead.

witzandglitz
by Queen Lollipop on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:06 AM

You don't get to be head cashier the first day. I worked shit jobs in my career, but I fucking rocked each one. I did 200 percent and I got noticed. The quiet bitcher in  the back hating their job is going to be ignored. I am high on my corporate ladder and I did it by doing my very best at all times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:06 AM
Keep going momma. Sometimes we have to do the things we don't enjoy to get ahead. They may be able to transfer you soon. Keep positive. You can do it!
crystal8807
by on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:08 AM

it may be a crappy job (literally) but its better than nothing, at least youre getting paid. I would try and stick with it til you find something better! good luck!

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Don't give up. You can do it! It'll get better just keep pushing.
raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:09 AM
It sucks but once you show them you can do more, you have a better chance at getting moved to another position. Especially with the holiday season coming up, they'll probably need more cashiers and stockers. You can also talk to other department managers and see if they have any spots open and see if they can help you move to another spot in the store. That's usually what has happened with the store I work at anyways.
squeekers
by squeekers on Oct. 30, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Show them you'll take what you're thrown into and prove you have a 'can do' attitude. Then you can ask for something up the work food chain.
athorne
by Anna on Oct. 30, 2015 at 10:20 AM
The good thing is that you are working and doing what you can. I have worked at fast food several times and have had to clean the restrooms, dining room, and kitchen area. It sucks but you are getting a paycheck to help you and your son out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)