Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Day Traditions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
Christmas isn't going to be what my kids are used to. I've made peace with that reality.

Ds7 is getting

A nerf gun
Nerf targets
Nerf darts
Colored pencils
Sketch pad
Book bag ( he wanted it when school started but it was 60 dollars. I just bought it on clearance sale for 6 )
I survived the sinking of the Titanic book

DS 2 is getting

Captain America 12 inch doll
Sippy cups
Crayons
Pjs
Stuffed elephant
ABC magnets
Foamie bath shapes

So I need ideas on how to make Christmas morning more exciting. The two year old won't care, but my 7 year old of course will want Christmas to be amazing.

I am thinking about after the gifts are all opened, which obviously won't take long, I will check the mail and there will be a card from the elf telling us that he hid a special breakfast somewhere in the house and do a scavenger hunt for it - have their breakfasts packed in their lunch boxes and have each item wrapped ( is that too cheesy? I saw it on Pinterest)

But then, I'm at a loss. When I was a kid, we always went visiting on Christmas and I loved it, but now my family celebrates on Christmas eve and dhs family all work in the medical field, so many of them have to work, so Christmas isn't celebrated until after the new year - so no visiting

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SSwtP
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Can you do a day long scavenger hunt with little surprises and special treats along the way?  You can also make or bake something together. Christmas music, play some special games you don't often have time to play?  Special movies?

If you are a little religious, I knew a family that used to bake a cake a sing happy birthday to Jesus, your 7yo can decorate a cake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)