Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

32 Weeks Pregnant-When To Call My "Baby Daddy"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

I need help. I'm pregnant with my first child and she's due in January. I had a health crisis at the beginning of this month and was hospitalized for three days with preeclampsia. Pretty much baby will most like be delivered next month, but no birth plan has been made with my OB yet.

As far as my daughter's father goes we were never in a relationship. He knows I am pregnant and the day I found out about my pregnancy I sent him pictures of the positive test and doctors proof of pregnancy paperwork. We kept seeing each other up until I was 12 weeks and by then he was acting shady saying he wouldn't take a DNA test. He kept asking me for $300 to flip so he could buy baby clothes, but at the same time he was telling me he's not the father because (his words): 1. We never had sex. 2. He pulled out. 3. His sperm is bad. 4. He wasn't having morning sickness. And etc. I had enough and ceased all communication with him except in September I messaged him once to tell him the baby's gender and to not respond because I don't want to talk to him until it's time for me to deliver.

With all that said I'm not sure if I should contact him at all. I'm Facebook friends with his Godmom (he introduced me to a lot of his family members including her) and I'm contemplating asking her to tell him and saving myself the headache. I don't expect him to show up to the hospital or take an active part in her life during infancy, but at the same time I feel I'm depriving my daughter of having her father around. I mean he could still redeem himself and be a good father, right? 

What should I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:09 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:14 AM

More like I chose poorly due to getting out of a rotten marriage. Thanks for judging though.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

nickyjsmomma219
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:14 AM
I think at this point you should just leave it up to him. If he wants to be involved, let him, if not don't push him. But make sure he helps support that baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 1:

More like I chose poorly due to getting out of a rotten marriage. Thanks for judging though.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:20 AM

I don't want to chase him around after my daughter is born because nothing good will come of it. I do want to inform him of her birth, but I'm not sure if I should attempt to tell him directly and risk him having blocked my number already or just go through his Godmom (she raised him).

Quoting nickyjsmomma219: I think at this point you should just leave it up to him. If he wants to be involved, let him, if not don't push him. But make sure he helps support that baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:20 AM
$300 to flip? Is he a drug dealer?
But to answer your original question, I wouldn't tell him. I am sure you will post it to Facebook once she is born. If you are friends with enough of his friends/family, he will find out.
Nikidu
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM

I would let him know about the birth and go ahead a file for cs because he sounds like a grade-A fuck boi. Why the hell are these assholes so fertile??? LOL Good luck Mama! Hopefully he'll man the hell up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM
He is aware you are having his child. His absence and lack of communication is an answer. He doesn't want to be involved. Contacting his family will only work against you. Good luck on raising this child alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:22 AM

He wanted "$300 to flip"?  What on earth does that mean?  He seriously thinks he'd be having morning sickness?  Is he special needs?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:23 AM

I picked him then made sure to cut him off when things became too stressful. I took control of a situation he doesn't care about and now I'm having second thoughts about involving him in his daughter's life.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)