Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can a Christian date a witch? Will this dynamic work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I met a guy online whom I really like; however we have some fundamental differences. I consider myself an agnostic/ spiritualist. I am an independent practitioner who performs rituals based on my understanding of quantum physics and law of attraction. I don't outright reject God. I just don't accept Christianity as an outright truth.

This guy is a Christian who has gone to seminary and studied theology. So, I don't really feel like he follows his faith blindly. I respect that a lot about him and think his faith is awesome.

I think the fact that I practice witchcraft threw him off a little bit but I wanted to upfront about everything. It's apparent he does like me and Id like to go out with him again, but im fearful we are both the types to fall in love at some point. This could spell out disaster if our ideals are such a sharp contrast. Im just leaving the ball in his court as its too soon to tell anything but I was just wondering if anyone has seen this dynamic work out.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Have you talked to him about these concerns?

As a Witch myself, I don't believe that I could date a Christian.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM

If he was a Christian he would know not to be unequally yoked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:00 AM

I don't think there would be a problem with dating but you have to look at the long run. If you really hit it off and plan to marry, what if you have kids? What religion would you raise them to be? Would you have problems with any religious holidays he wishes to celebrate and would he have problems with any religious holidays you chose to celebrate? What about church? Would you go with him? Would he practice with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM

if the underlying message of do no harm is the same, it shouldn't matter.  he gives you your space and you give him his.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:04 AM
I don't foresee any of these issues. He already had two kids who are almost grown and I have my two kids. There is no reason for us to impose our religion on each others kids. I celebrate all Cheistian holidays because I was raised Cheistian. I would never expect him to ho against his religion and practice with me. I love singing in church so I don't mind going to church if it makes him happy.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't think there would be a problem with dating but you have to look at the long run. If you really hit it off and plan to marry, what if you have kids? What religion would you raise them to be? Would you have problems with any religious holidays he wishes to celebrate and would he have problems with any religious holidays you chose to celebrate? What about church? Would you go with him? Would he practice with you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
The best marriage I know of consists of a Catholic and a Jew. If they can do it, anyone can. Haha
corticosteroid
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:07 AM

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing myself to death long enough to answer the question.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:07 AM
My reply won't be popular and people will say "I'm fill in the blank and I married a Christian" but the bible has nothing nice to say about witchcraft, witches sorcery or necromancers (those trying to contact the dead). In addition, dating usually leads to marriage or at least that is that goal for most Christians. And the bible says not to marry an unbeliever.

I'm a christian and my friend is into new age stuff. She does reki (sp.?) and tarot cards and uses a Ouija board. She married a guy raised very Christian, his dad is a pastor. They've fought about religion some and he threw away her ouija board! But she just doesn't bring up religion much anymore and neither does he.
She doesn't feel comfortabe sharing that side anymore.

Honestly, it depends on if he is actually dedicated to his beliefs or not. Many Christians are Christian in name only. Those are the ones who would marry a witch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:07 AM

Witchcraft is against my religion as a Catholic, so I wouldn't date a witch if were me.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:08 AM
As long as you're both accepting it should be just fine. I've been in that position before, it was never a problem.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)