Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chest congestion in baby.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
This is a tough one. This LO that I care for has had a cold going on his third week. He's not really bad bud his breathing does sound labored and his cough is very wet. ( phlegm) I had the parents take him in last week. Doc said he has a virus and is not contagious and it's just nasal congestion. Mom even questioned the doctor and said he checked his chest twice. She said she could hear it to. On Friday he pretty much slept the whole day at my house.

This morning dad dropped off and I asked how he was feeling and if he had and chest congestion and he said no, just a runny nose. Well I can hear him trying to breathe from across the room and his cough sounds scary. I had another parent look at him concerned when he coughed.

So there is no fever. They took him to the doctors. Now what? If he were my baby I would take him in. He's bad enough for me to be concerned but IDK if he's bad enough to go in.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
collectivecow
by moo.moo on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:17 AM

I would bring him in and get a second opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Do I suggest this to the parents or request it?

Quoting collectivecow:

I would bring him in and get a second opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:27 AM
I would tell them you don't feel comfterable having him in your care the way he sounds and he is obviously ill. I would tell them that they need to make an appointment for as soon as possible with a different doctor. They could have gotten a doctor that graduated with Ds for all they know . Doctors are human too. If anything happens to him in your care you will be investigated and it won't be fun. Please I hope you tell parents that they need to take him in. I would be worried sick. I had a baby like that in my care. I kept having parents take him in. He was very ill. He was on steroids, nebulizer, and something else. I had them keep him home as I wasn't able to give him the proper care he needed.
honey80
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM
Vicks and no milk
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:28 AM
Tell parents that you also need to cover your six as well. You also don't want anything to happen to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Bump
Baked420
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:34 PM
He needs to keep going back till they help him. I had that problem with my dd for months....she was so young they kept telling me there wasn't anything they could really do. 3 trips to the Dr and 2to the er later, I was pissed....I told them my mom works in nicu, I know damn well you can give babies meds and refused to leave without something to help her. I got a nebulizer and some meds and she was better in a couple of days. Sometimes you just gotta keep at it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)