Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the best just-for-you gift you got while pregnant?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM
  • 52 Replies

When you're pregnant, most everyone seems to focus on giving you things for the baby, and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to get something that's just for you, too! One of the best things I got before birth was a box of snacks from my aunt because she said she always starved in the hospital when having her kids, lol. What's the best gift you bought or received at a baby shower, or just as a pre-birth present, for YOU?

*your response may be included in an upcoming CafeMom feature

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:38 AM
Taking my older kids for a weekend.
LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol a pumpkin pie all to myself the day before i went into labor. All mine. It was perfection
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 38 weeks pregnant. My dh was out of town for the weekend at a horseshoe tournament. We had two kids at the time who were 5 and 3 1/2 years old both boys. My mother being the incredibly generous women that she is took both my boys for the weekend. Not only did she take both my boys for the weekend, but when she picked them up Friday night she brought me my favorite magazine, my favorite dinner and a dessert for later. She told me not to worry about nothing and just relax.

I did just that. I took to very relaxing bubble baths, watched a bunch of my favorite movies, face timed my dh each night and throughout the day, got somethings done in the baby's room, the house cleaned and got some reading in.
Beatlemom417
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:10 AM

The best gift I got while pregnant was my huge body pillow, best thing ever.

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

A huge pregnancy pillow from a fellow CMer.  Baby is 6 months old and I STILL use this pillow every night.  Greatest thing ever. 

breezy8445
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
They day before I went into labor SO paid for me to get a massage and hair cut. I think that was the best present ever!
admsj5
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Cake! Oh and boxes of Mac and cheese that were just for me.
A haircut was always nice too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:04 PM

An enema. Haha, seriously... nothing!

JamieC0403
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband got me a massage a month for a year as a combination Mother's Day/birthday present right after we found out I was pregnant. So awesome.
nickyjsmomma219
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Maternity massage!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)