Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do YOU make your turkey? Or your favorite way to eat it for those who don't cook?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:42 AM
  • 74 Replies
Traditional? Brined? Deep fried? Stuffed? Spice rub? Crock pot?
Got a secret you'd be willing to share with the class?
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:44 AM

We brine the night before and use a butter herb rub for roasting with herbs, garlic, etc. in the cavity. Deeeeeeeelish :)

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:45 AM
Look up Gordon ramsey preparing a turkey on YouTube. There are two parts to the video, but we made it last year, and it was the most amazing damn turkey I've ever had in my entire life. I've been DREAMING about it. We got the stuff to make it yesterday, and I'm tempted to make it now lol
mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds close to what we usually do. I think the butter is what makes it!

Quoting Libby22:

We brine the night before and use a butter herb rub for roasting with herbs, garlic, etc. in the cavity. Deeeeeeeelish :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM
What makes his stand out? I struggle with the wait, too. LOL

Quoting AngryBob: Look up Gordon ramsey preparing a turkey on YouTube. There are two parts to the video, but we made it last year, and it was the most amazing damn turkey I've ever had in my entire life. I've been DREAMING about it. We got the stuff to make it yesterday, and I'm tempted to make it now lol
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:49 AM

I rub it down with butter and a few seasonings, put a few veggies inside and cook it in a Reynolds bag. Nice and juicy every single time.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:50 AM
My dh makes the turkey for our Christmas dinner. He spends most of the day with it. With any leftovers, we make sandwiches or pot pies.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:52 AM
You prepare some butter with lemon and garlic, and put gobs and gobs of it under the turkey's skin. Then you put onions and lemons inside the turkey. You put the turkey in at a high temp for about ten min, then cover it in bacon. Then you lower the temp and cook it like normal.
Moist, suculent, savory, to die for.

Quoting mem82: What makes his stand out? I struggle with the wait, too. LOL

Quoting AngryBob: Look up Gordon ramsey preparing a turkey on YouTube. There are two parts to the video, but we made it last year, and it was the most amazing damn turkey I've ever had in my entire life. I've been DREAMING about it. We got the stuff to make it yesterday, and I'm tempted to make it now lol
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:53 AM

I can't look it up on youtube at the moment, but I will as soon as I can. I found a lemon, garlic, parsley turkey  recipe of his, is that it?

shivasgirl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:53 AM

when I did cook a turkey, I used to pull the skin on the breast up and rub butter and seasoning on the breast. Then I would put celery leaves on the meat and pull the skin back in place. Buttered the skin and seasoned. Used a roasting bag. Perfect every time and pretty with the celery leaves making a design. Now I dont eat meat and celery is a life threatening allergy, lol.. now I make a Quorn Turk'y roast in a roasting bag with olive oil and poultry seasoning

mem82
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:53 AM
I've heard of sticking an onion in there but never veggies. Do you use carrots and celery? Potatoes?

Quoting Seagodess:

I rub it down with butter and a few seasonings, put a few veggies inside and cook it in a Reynolds bag. Nice and juicy every single time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)