Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A moment when you felt like the worse parent in the world?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I have a few stories I could tell

But I'll go with the car seat story:  My baby girl was 6 months old.  I was still nursing, but came down with strep throat and had to use formula to try and keep her from catching it, which meant a very fussy baby getting very little sleep.  I was so sick y temp was at 101.6 and I was the dots in my throat and knew it was time to go to the doctor, but my GP didn't allow kidsin the office.  I had to go to a Walgreens quick care clinic.
I was packing up the baby and taking her with me and I remember telling myself, "You can do this, one foot in front of the other, breathe, focus"
I was so tired, sick, and just out of it when I put her carseat it it must not have latched correctly.  I was about half way there when I made a right turn and the seat tipped over in the back seat (onto its side)

I freaked out and pulled over to fix it, the baby was fine and giggling when I got back there, but I was mortified thinking I must be the worse parent in the world. 

Now, on this site Ive seen some stories that make mine look like a joke, but I remember in that moment feeling like such a terrible person and mom.

Do you have moments like that? Funny in retrospect, but at the time you were sure noone had ever been such a hot mess? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)