Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rate My Thanksgiving Menu

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

There was a mom who got bashed for her menu. I wonder what you all think of mine. We aren't doing a traditional meal either my mother and step father do not like turkey or ham. 

4 adults and 2 kids

Venison stew 

Green Bean Casserole

Broccoli Rice Casserole

Home Made Cornbread - Gluten Free

Salad with all the fixings and each person choice of dressing

Pumpkin Pie - Gluten Free

Apple Pie

Ice Cream

Sweet Tea

Coffee

Soda

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Everything sounds great except the venison, but I'm sure you and your guests like it just fine.

I just personally can't stand the smell or taste of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:21 AM

I hear that often that people don't like the smell or taste. I wonder what the people have done to it to make it smell taste off. Ours is fully cleaned and processed through a butcher. Prior to finding our butcher we'd clean our selves soak it in sea salt water for 24 hours then freeze it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Everything sounds great except the venison, but I'm sure you and your guests like it just fine.

WaterorWine
by Wino on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

1, sorry I love traditonal Thanksgiving! Turkey is neccessary for anything above a 1 IMO.

angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM

5 everything sounds good except the stew. Also I'm not sure about the gluten free stuff. No one in my family is sensitive to it but it might taste gross. I bought gluten free pasta once and it was nasty. lol

KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM
it actually sounds good but not what I would want on Thanksgiving. My family is very traditional with the exception of the tofurkey that we fix for my brother and his family.!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Gluten free isn't bad at all I am sensitive been sensitive to it for years before it become "news worthy". Pasta is a hit and miss. I am learning to make my own or go with out.

Quoting angelachristine:

5 everything sounds good except the stew. Also I'm not sure about the gluten free stuff. No one in my family is sensitive to it but it might taste gross. I bought gluten free pasta once and it was nasty. lol

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM

I've never heard of using that method...In that case, if the smell didn't put me off, I'd at least TRY it. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I hear that often that people don't like the smell or taste. I wonder what the people have done to it to make it smell taste off. Ours is fully cleaned and processed through a butcher. Prior to finding our butcher we'd clean our selves soak it in sea salt water for 24 hours then freeze it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Why is saying gluten free important? Why did you have to mention that? What was the purpose?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry didn't know it would upset some one that I copied my menu off of my word file that me and my mother keep sending back and forth. My mother doesn't support special diets like gluten free so I had to write it when I sent the file to her. 

Slaps myself for offending Anon2 for copying the file and not deleting details.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why is saying gluten free important? Why did you have to mention that? What was the purpose?

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM

If everyone who is eating it likes it, enjoy.

Personally, I wouldn't enjoy it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)