Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My toddler has had diarrhea four months ! Update

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM
  • 32 Replies
We had his appointment in Kansas City his cray showed his intestines were inflamed. She diagnosed him as lactose intolerant and he has toddler's diarrhea.
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Oh wow. Well, I hope this is truly the answer you've been looking for! Good luck; hope he starts getting well soon :)

soonersfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Thank you!!!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Oh wow. Well, I hope this is truly the answer you've been looking for! Good luck; hope he starts getting well soon :)

soonersfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Wow that's a Long time poor kid I would make sure it's not a parasite my brother had diarrhea for over a month and got misdiagnosed a ton of times turns out it was a parasite from undercooked meat at Olive Garden

Quoting soonersfan: We had his appointment in Kansas City his cray showed his intestines were inflamed. She diagnosed him as lactose intolerant and he has toddler's diarrhea.
soonersfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM
He was tested for parasites twice.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Wow that's a Long time poor kid I would make sure it's not a parasite my brother had diarrhea for over a month and got misdiagnosed a ton of times turns out it was a parasite from undercooked meat at Olive Garden

Quoting soonersfan: We had his appointment in Kansas City his cray showed his intestines were inflamed. She diagnosed him as lactose intolerant and he has toddler's diarrhea.
soonersfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Bump
MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM
No medical professional suggested trying an elimination diet long before now? I'd be finding new doctors.
Xat
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:33 AM
That sounds like my son. The inflammation got better once we switched him to a lactose free diet and the diarrhea started getting better and went away completely within 6 months. It's been a year and he is doing great now. I hope she starts to get better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soonersfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Yes but it didnt get better we just now saw the gastro doc and she is great.

Quoting MenopauseManiac: No medical professional suggested trying an elimination diet long before now? I'd be finding new doctors.
soonersfan
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting Xat: That sounds like my son. The inflammation got better once we switched him to a lactose free diet and the diarrhea started getting better and went away completely within 6 months. It's been a year and he is doing great now. I hope she starts to get better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)