Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in love?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM
  • 27 Replies
if tomorrow world would stop function based on monetary value or any kind of material value... Would you regret the choice(s) you've made regarding your life partner(s)?

Have you made your choice based on your feelings or a more complex group of factors?
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Not at all (regarding "regret")!  My husband is an amazing provider, intensely intelligent, and a very hard-worker.  However, if we're suddenly transported to a Star Trek society where money doesn't really exist, I would still count my lucky stars that I found such an amazing guy to spend my life with.  We love each other very much.

To your second question... well, we got married mostly out of lust.  Love came later.  While we did have other reasons for getting married only a month after we started dating, the real reason was impulsive lust, lol.  But, luckily for us, that developed into love.

EDIT: Oh, and to the title question, "Do you believe in love?"  My answer is yes!

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:38 AM
No regrets. Love and respect -which is based on many factors- were what decided it. I did well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM
I don't regret my choices even the bad ones. All of them are teaching tools and I've learned so much and I love my life.
admsj5
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM
I love my dh for many reasons, and money isn't one of them.
MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:42 AM
No regrets. One of the qualities I love in my dh is he's a hard worker. We both are, we would survive together.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM

i have nothing but regret on who i picked for a husband and then, after realizing what a lying narcissist he was, continued to stay with him, for years. i'm correcting that wrong in my life, but i will never look back on the 18 years we were together as anything but regretful.

SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I married for love. I have been married to him since I was 15. I have no regrets about him at all. 

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM

He's an amazing dad. And since I make plenty of money on my own, that was never a factor in our relationship. He's also my nerdy Italian lovah!

Amybelle
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM

I married an amaing Man, monetary and material things don't change that

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM
I still love my husband, even though it's been almost two years since he's been dead. I miss him a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)