Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't feel sorry for you. Stop whining.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:35 AM
  • 6 Replies
A friend of mine is 25 years old. She still lives at home with her parents and the longest amount of time she has held a job is 6 months.
She is obsessed with animals. She currently has 2 dogs, 3 cats, 4 snakes and assorted small creatures (a ferret, a couple rats, fish, a cage full of feeder mice, etc.) much to her parents disapproval.
Her current job is at a pet store. For the last month or so she has been posting pictures of this dog that she had gotten attached to. She's even named it. Which is like the worst thing she could have done considering this dog is for sale. And costs $1000. She created a gofundme page to buy this dog with this big long fake sob story about training this dog to be an emotional support dog for her anxiety, posted it everyday for a week. Until her mom saw it.
Her mother has told her that she can not have another animal. Many times. She constantly complains about her parents. They only want her there if she can make money. Well yeah. You're 25 fucking years old. You should be contributing to the house or at least be working to feed your animal hoard.
She's been constantly complaining to me about what a bitch her mother is. And how sad she is about this dog. I'm sorry but if you were living on your own and were able to afford this dog, it would be one thing. But you can't expect your parents to take on ANOTHER animal. A puppy. While you work and have gone on a couple week long trips. And will probably end up quitting your job within the next couple months and it will be another animal they'll have to feed and pay for vetarainairy care. Get your shit together. You're an adult. I don't feel sorry for you.
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:39 AM

well,her parents allow it so i dont feel that sorry for them either..

LoveMissCadence
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Most of her whining right now is due to the fact that they finally put their foot down and told her no.

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM

She's one of the entitled adult brats that refuses to grow up and become a real adult.  As her friend you should tell her that everytime she whines and complains about her pathetic life.

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM

they still allowed all this to happen..when shes unemployed,who feeds the animals?

Quoting LoveMissCadence: Most of her whining right now is due to the fact that they finally put their foot down and told her no.
Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM
The problem is that they didn't put their foot down when she was a kid and gave her whatever she wanted. This is why parents need to quit treating their kids like precious little snowflakes. They become whiney-ass "adults" that can't handle any bit of disappointment.

Quoting LoveMissCadence: Most of her whining right now is due to the fact that they finally put their foot down and told her no.

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM

i would just flat tell her the truth. that shes an adult, her animals are not her parents responsibilities and she needs to contribute to the household while she is living there. her parents need seriously kick her out and get rid of the animals

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)