Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL flipping out over male teacher

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
My dd is in 1st grade. Her teacher is a male. He is a really good teacher,been teaching for 28 years, just won teacher of the year for the state and is the most requested teacher at the school.
Well yesterday, I guess DD managed to somehow get the bottom of her shirt zipped into the zipper of her pants(I know my kid is very "special" lol). She said she couldn't get it undone no matter how hard she tried so she asked the teacher. She said he tried to call the nurse or secretary to come help but they weren't answering the walkie talkie, so he helped her.
My MIL was here for dinner when DD was telling the story and OMG she flipped out! Went on and on about how no male should ever help a female child with their pants and I should pull dd out of his class and on and on, told DH that if we didn't pull her out that she completely lost faith in our parenting ability.
I personally have no problem with what happened. I asked dd if he helped her with it in the bathroom or in class and she said just on the side of the classroom by the window where there was better light so he did it with 27 other kids watching. I trust the man. He's never given off any creeper vibe and honestly I bet he was more embarrassed than DD lol. I was a teacher before I had kids and while I never dealt with shirt stuck in pants zipper, I have helped kids with the most random things, like the boy who got his foot stuck behind his head on the playground trying to show off his flexibility to his friends lol.
So would you be upset or just laugh and move on?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Your MIL is over reacting.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I was raped as a child...
So really my view won't be one a normal person would ha e so I can't help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Your MIL is a nut. Would she have a problem if it were a little boy and female teacher? Probably not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Your mil is a wacko so I would just ignore her and do what you feel is best for your child.
surromama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Complete overreaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM
She's way over reacting.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:58 AM

She is a nut case. Leave it alone and move on.

nomadhsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Laugh and move on

wulfeyes05
by Bigby Wolf on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:00 PM

He called for others who could help and when they didn't answer he did what he could. He didn't leave with her, he didn't do anything weird or creepy, he was just being helpful. Your MIL needs to take a chill pill. Not every male teacher is a creeper. I had a creeper male teacher in high school, he was sleeping with some of the students so I know a creeper teacher when I see one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:00 PM
I honestly don't know how she would have felt about a female teacher and male student. This is the first time in the 13 years DH and I have been together that I've ever seen MIL mad. I've made jokes to DH that his mom is probably hitting the peace pipe every morning because of how calm she is all the time, so this was a surprise to me.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Your MIL is a nut. Would she have a problem if it were a little boy and female teacher? Probably not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)