Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question about BF.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
So I know that BF is most important during the first couple of weeks. Well I plan to BF for the first time (didn't with my other child) and from what I can remember my milk didn't come until 5 days later. I know there will be a LC at the hospital but what if my milk hasn't came in? I know she can still talk to me and give me tips but if my milk isnt in then she can't really help with the latching process? Also I'm guessing they just give the baby formula while at the hospital (and at home) if your milk isnt in?

Sorry these might be stupid questions and I might have worded them a little weird, but if you can give me a little advice or tips that would be great!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:15 PM

If you bf,your milk will come in alot sooner. The 1st day or 2,the baby gets a rich nutrient colostrum.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:15 PM
You latch your baby right after birth and the baby brings in your milk, along with hormones. My last baby had milk within 24 hours, they get colostrum until then.
Leilanis_mommy1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:15 PM
I'm not sure but they gave me milk samples at the hospital so I used that until I got my milk flowing
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:15 PM
My milk didn't come in at the hospital. Of course my babies had to eat so they got formula. I tried to pump for about a week when I got home but I barely got anything and it just wasn't worth it getting the tiny amount and having to split it between the two of them. Plus it was taking up over half my day and I didn't have time to spare with caring for the twins.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Baby will get colostrum till you milk comes in. Best stuff for baby. Yes, they can help you from the start. No baby doesn't need formula at the hospital. The more you feed it can help it come in faster.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM
And make sure baby has your whole areola in their mouth or as much as possible. I would smash my nipple area from top to bottom and after baby latched, I let go.

Good luck and congratulations!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)