Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need gift ideas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My dd is 8 1/2. She's only asked for one thing for Christmas which was an American girl doll bed, which we got her. Other than that I'm lost on what to get her.
She really likes crafts, like she has that Sew Cool sewing machine, she has a bunch of beads and necklace making things, she loves to paint, has an easel and canvasses and paints. Anyone have any good ideas for gifts? I've been looking at a few things on Amazon that seem like they would be good, but then I read the reviews and they all seem to be bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:54 PM

If she likes crafts have your thought about some scrapbooking supplies?  Would she like something like that?  There are small ones at Michaels and you could get some stickers and some paper for her to put as backgrounds.  I say this because I love scrapbooking and my girls are adults now but they love it too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Does she like the AG animals? DD is getting an AG horse and a new dog plus a couple of outfits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Also Target carries a really cool art line that are different kits. DD made her own night light with one of the kits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Ya know it's qeird, she's really into crafts and arts but I can not get her to scrapbook. We bought her a few sets last year and she never had any interest in them. Weird right? I love scrapbooking and I'm not even crafty/artsy like her lol.

Quoting atlmom2:

If she likes crafts have your thought about some scrapbooking supplies?  Would she like something like that?  There are small ones at Michaels and you could get some stickers and some paper for her to put as backgrounds.  I say this because I love scrapbooking and my girls are adults now but they love it too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM
DD has had a few american girl craft items, and the quality has always been pretty nice as far as kid craft stuff. Gift certificate for art classes, or pottery painting classes? Custom pallet... I have a cintiq, and it is amazing I love it. They are pretty expensive however if she really into art it's a good investment. They also have less expensive models, and brands so you just have to compare a little bit there if you think it's something she may like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM
I'll have to look there. The ones I was looking at at Walmart seemed either too young or too old for her or like it was way too expensive for what it was. I'll take a look at Target. I always forget Targey, probably because it's in the next town so it's not something I see every day lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Also Target carries a really cool art line that are different kits. DD made her own night light with one of the kits. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:04 PM

It's called Craftbella and they have tons of options, and different price points too

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'll have to look there. The ones I was looking at at Walmart seemed either too young or too old for her or like it was way too expensive for what it was. I'll take a look at Target. I always forget Targey, probably because it's in the next town so it's not something I see every day lol.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:15 PM

How about beads?  My girls did that too.  Making bracelets and necklaces.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)