Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Pastafarian' gets permission to wear colander on head for driver's license photo

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:28 PM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

Pastafarian gets to wear strainer on head in license photo

In this Nov. 12, 2015 photo provided by Darrick Fauvel, Lindsay Miller of Lowell, Mass., wears a spaghetti strainer to reflect her religious beliefs while holding her temporary driver license that also bears a photo of her wearing the colander. Miller said she “absolutely loves the history and the story” of pastafarians, who are part of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles initially forbade Miller to wear the colander in the identification photo. She said the agency reversed the decision and apologized. (Darrick Fauvel via AP)

BOSTON — 

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is apparently real, after a Massachusetts woman is being permitted to wear her colander head wear in her driver's license photo.

Lindsay Miller said she "absolutely loves the history and the story" of Pastafarians, The Associated Press reported.

She said wearing the colander allows her to express her beliefs like other religions.

The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles only allows head coverings or hats for religious reasons, the AP reported.

In August, Miller said she was denied a renewed driver's license because she wore the strainer, The Boston Globe reported.

She filed an appeal and was eventually granted the right to wear the colander in the official photo, the Globe reported. 

Pastafarians claim they have existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, according to the group's website.

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:29 PM

wtf?

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Wow
tigermommy24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Omg this can't be real or these people are just down right nuts and need a cat scan of their brains to see if they are functioning a okay lol omg I just bust out laughing in my car sitting I know there are cults out there but some of them are legit cults but come on now this is just plain crazyness
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:35 PM

If you think about it, it's just as crazy as any of the other religious head coverings.

Quoting tigermommy24: Omg this can't be real or these people are just down right nuts and need a cat scan of their brains to see if they are functioning a okay lol omg I just bust out laughing in my car sitting I know there are cults out there but some of them are legit cults but come on now this is just plain crazyness

tigermommy24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Hahaha true but the only true way is through God The Father The Holy Sprit The Holy Ghost The Son Of God (Jesus) not these crazy cults I you seek Jesus you have eternal life thro him for eternity!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

If you think about it, it's just as crazy as any of the other religious head coverings.

Quoting tigermommy24: Omg this can't be real or these people are just down right nuts and need a cat scan of their brains to see if they are functioning a okay lol omg I just bust out laughing in my car sitting I know there are cults out there but some of them are legit cults but come on now this is just plain crazyness

rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusieCarmichael
by NotARugrat on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Bitches be crazy
Lunarprancer
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:42 PM

billboard2

SilverSterling
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:43 PM
6 moms liked this

RAmen!

monkeydavis05
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the most asinine thing I've read in awhile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)