Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I wrong by letting my 9 year old son live with his great grandmother?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Currently,my 9 year old son is living with his great grandmother she's like 68 I think but she's a young 68.she and him and real close and he has several mental issues going on including ADHD,aspergers,impulse control disorder and noise sensory issues. He is my oldest but I have a 6 year old boy and a 2 year old girl as well. My oldest son doesn't do well with all the noise at.our house due to his noise sensory issues so he has been staying at his great grandmother's. He loves it there. Its peaceful and he's happy but am I wrong for letting him stay there? He's been there 6 weeks. I still go talk to him and see him very often
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM

if it working then why change it? he knows that he is yours and you are doing what is good for your family...maybe it isnt ideal but not everything is

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

geeez
by Baroness on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I would never separate myself from my child...
SlaJack
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:33 PM

As long as Great Grandmother is okay with the arrangement and he is not a financial burden to her, sounds like the best of the two options.

hateaway
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:35 PM
If he is happier then I wouldn't consider it wrong. I couldn't do that though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:36 PM
Are you wrong for abandoning your child and letting your elderly relative raise him? Only you can answer that question. Hopefully you have permanent birth control seeing as you had two other children after being unable to handle the first.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:37 PM
I wouldn't put that on an elderly person. You should be taking care of your son.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:37 PM

You do what you have to do to make it work for your family. My oldest stays at his grandmothers house every weekend for the same reason. He would stay all the time but he can't go to the school district she lives in. 

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM

I wouldn't allow it, but if its working for you and its working for everyone what's the big deal. Just cause outside people not agree doesn't mean its bad.

I wouldn't have had children at such a young age either but it doesn't make it wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM
I love him dearly I really.do but he is just the type of kid who prefers things quiet and he prefers to be alone and my 6 year old son is WILD and obnoxious and just loud and goofy and he cant stand it. Its pure chaos when he's home and I hate that its that way :-(

Quoting geeez: I would never separate myself from my child...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 3:39 PM

I guess my only thought is, what happens when she no longer can take of him? Is he going to be able to live a normal life if he can't learn to handle his issues? Is anyone working with him on coping skills?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)