Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD *Gift Related** Need Advice

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

Good Evening ladies! This is gonna sound rather sillyish, but I need advice on it none the less. My mom bought me a mid weather kind of jacket, and she seems really excited about it. I thanked her a great deal for it, I wasn't expecting it. There's just one problem, it's rather ugly. And I mean, it's ugly. It isn't something I can see myself wearing, but I don't want to offend her. I'm not a fan of lying to my mother but, in this scenario, would it be best to just tell her I wear it? Telling her no thank you I don't like it seems so damned bitchy. If you were in my position, WWYD?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PeanutsGma
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Is the store near you?  Can you exchange it easily?

My mom did this to me and I just said that it didn't fit right, took it back got one I liked and no one was really upset.

Just say it's too long for driving, or the sleeves are too tight, or the collar rubs the wrong way.

My mom got a jacket that actually looked great on my grandmother, that's what I had to deal with.  I was 23, my grandmother was 64 get the picture?

You can save feelings but stretching the truth, not actually lying.

LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:57 PM
Its somewhat far from me. It isn't easily exchangable. But i will try your approach about it not fighting me correctly. It does look like its for an older lady. I know what you mean. Thank you for the tip :)

Quoting PeanutsGma:

Is the store near you?  Can you exchange it easily?

My mom did this to me and I just said that it didn't fit right, took it back got one I liked and no one was really upset.

Just say it's too long for driving, or the sleeves are too tight, or the collar rubs the wrong way.

My mom got a jacket that actually looked great on my grandmother, that's what I had to deal with.  I was 23, my grandmother was 64 get the picture?

You can save feelings but stretching the truth, not actually lying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Return it and buy something you like and tell your mom thank you for the jacket.
LilyRuiz213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I did thank her :). I wasnt given a receipt to exchange it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Return it and buy something you like and tell your mom thank you for the jacket.
RoseWall
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM
I would say it didn't fit, that I need the receipt. If she refused I would attempt to return it to the store. If that failed then donate it. I would not keep it past one week.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)