Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Debate. Who should rake the leaves?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

So we have this tree in our front yard that drops SO MANY LEAVES in the fall. I have tried to keep up with raking but after I get that done once a new layer accumulates. SO it was a very windy day and all of our leaves flew into our landscaping neighbors yard. He even has people that work for him continuously fixing their yards. Well instead of picking them up he spend an hour+ leaf blowing them up and back into our yard. Should he have done this or taken care of it himself?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:01 PM
My mom has a neighbour across the road like that and I laugh every time I see him do that because they're just going to blow right back into his yard..
Miss.BeeHaven
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM
That's kinda funny actually
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:02 PM
How petty.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:03 PM

lol you just have to laugh at that type of crazy or they will infect you with their crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Quoting autodidact:

no one. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/11/19/do-not-rake-your-leaves/19266079/

See! I was the right one. This proves that. lol!

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM
Petty. I would have taken a video and posted it on all social media with his name lol.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:04 PM
That's just nature. Your neighbor should rake them. It probably took him as long to blow them back in your yard as it would have to just clean them up. I raked yesterday. I certainly didn't go through the leaf piles to make sure the leaves fell off of my own trees.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:05 PM

My dh does the yard work and never rakes because it's better for the grass but it drives my neighbor crazy lol

Quoting autodidact:

no one. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/11/19/do-not-rake-your-leaves/19266079/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

lol you just have to laugh at that type of crazy or they will infect you with their crazy.

It's funny af because we don't live in the nicest neighborhood but the yard is immaculate. Water fountains, lovely walkway, nothing out of place. We also had a laminated postcard with yard services on our doorstep that week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)