Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isn't it ironic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
2 moms liked this

That the people shouting the loudest about wiping out the Middle East and support turning away refugees because of the attack in Paris are usually the same ones who throw the biggest tantrums about the second amendment any time a mass shooting happens and they think someone might start talking about firearm legislation?

ETA: some people aren't seeing the connection I'm making here so to explain more fully:

Okay so a person believes we should turn away refugees or (on the more extreme side) actually bomb the Middle East because of ISIS terrorists. Someone argues that ISIS terrorists make up a minuscule percentage of Muslims, that most Muslims are harmless, that the overwhelming majority of Refugees are just trying to keep their families safe, and the anti refugee camp responds with some semblance of "it's not worth the risk." 

A mass shooting happens and we start talking about better gun control laws... Then suddenly those same people who are against accepting refugees are arguing that the people who commit mass shootings are a minuscule portion of gun owners, that most gun owners are harmless/responsible, that the majority of gun owners just want to keep their families safe. Suddenly you can't prevent crazy people from doing crazy things and it's totally worth the risk.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StarWilliams
by πŸ’…StuckUpChickπŸ’ on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:30 PM
If I knew SN well enough I'd be able to answer... I don't pay attention enough. Bump for you 😊
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM

i'm not seeing the irony, could you explain it?

redneckmama4
by Loree on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM
No clue...I don't watch the news or get involved in any media bullshit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I'm not really talking about a specific SN... Just been noticing that the type of people who hold the first view are the most likely to hold the second, with blissful disregard for the inherent cognitive dissonance. 

Thanks for the bump πŸ˜€

Quoting StarWilliams: If I knew SN well enough I'd be able to answer... I don't pay attention enough. Bump for you 😊

AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Me either... 

Quoting mojogirl:

i'm not seeing the irony, could you explain it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM

And when exactly did you take this informative survey?! 

Episkey
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:35 PM
I mentioned something similar in a post a couple days ago lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Dontcha think.

But seriously, no. That's not ironic.
jennyfrmthblock
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:36 PM
I see zero irony.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this
It is like rain on you wedding day or a free ride when you'd already paid. Maybe the good advice that you just didn't take.

But who would have thought.

It figured.

Sorry. Had to

Quoting Danesmommy1: Dontcha think.

But seriously, no. That's not ironic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)