Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hospital bag question

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
Tomorrow I will be 31 weeks. I'm getting my check list ready for the hospital/labor bag.

What are somethings to put on my check list? My fourth baby but it always seems I either forget something or I forget my bag.

Also when is a good time to make sure the bag is packed and ready to go? I had my first at 36weeks, and the second and third babies were born at 37/38 weeks.
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM
This is your 4th kid and you can't figure this out?

How do you function in life?
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:00 PM

The only thing I needed from home was a bunch of my own underwear. My husband brought me a couple outfits and some makeup once I felt like getting up and ready, but I wouldn't want to cart that junk around through the hospital. Anything else I needed was provided through the hospital.

amberlynn1118
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Someone told me it was good to pack a hospital bag. Like I said I never really packed one. And the one I did pack with my first had my pjs, cell charger and pjs for the baby. And I forgot the bag.

I function great in life. I was only asking what else what good to pack in a bag and when should I have one ready.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is your 4th kid and you can't figure this out?

How do you function in life?
amberlynn1118
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Here the hospital provides tooth paste, bar of soap, towels and rags. Also those weird underwear. For the baby they provide formulae if needed, diapers, wipes, burp rags and blankets.

I was just looking for ideas on what was good to being with me. Some people suggested snacks, puzzles or a book to keep busy.

I'm the type that will plan, have a check list, and still feel like something is missing and then tend to over pack

Quoting CheerioHolder:

The only thing I needed from home was a bunch of my own underwear. My husband brought me a couple outfits and some makeup once I felt like getting up and ready, but I wouldn't want to cart that junk around through the hospital. Anything else I needed was provided through the hospital.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I had a bag with all the three only thing I needed was a change of clothes for baby and I to go home in. Everything other thing hospital had.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I just brought my brief case with my laptop and a few books and the blanket and clothing that my children used in the hospital. My husband brought me a change of clothing and a going home outfit for the baby when we were discharged.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a planner so I'll probably pack my bag at 34 weeks and stash it in a closet. I pack my own toiletries and makeup (I don't like what the hospital provides), a robe, several pairs of yoga pants for afterwards, tops and hoodies, and a washed outfit for the baby. Also pre-filled forms for the birth certificate. I make a checklist because I'm anal like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)