Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the ER or not? Help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
DD has woken up with a swollen eye I assumed it was from a mosquito bite since we were out at night and her skin is very sensitive. When I got home today from work her foot looked swollen as well and looks to me like it just happened this evening not sure if it's a bite or not but my family wants me to take her to the ER, I already given her Benadryl just waiting to see if it goes down some which it has. I am not one to take DD to the ER right away because I know she's sensitive to everything and the two times I have taken her were because my mother begged me too they told me what I already knew except for that I needed to increase the dose of Tylenol I was giving her after that her fever went away... So I just really hate going if it really isn't urgent, not that I don't care about my daughters well being I would just think it can wait, What do you think?

ETA: thanks guys so much for having the time to read and reply on my post. I've decided to wait for tomorrow to come and go from there. She is doing very well, no problem breathing and no rashes just th big old swollen lump on her foot and the swelling on her Left eye which also has gone down . My initial thought was a mosquito bite and that I'm sure it is, I just get very frantic when my mother adds her two cents, I forget how she swells when she gets bit by those suckers since we don't go out at all because of mosquitos, they're very bad here in Texas. Again thank you
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhSara87
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Bump
thurman.06
by Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:23 PM
ER bow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:24 PM
If it's going down with Benadryl, I wouldn't bother.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:24 PM

Urgent care?

ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:25 PM
Does your insurance have a helpline? If not, a call to the pediatrician could ease your mind. The er is for emergencies so unless your dd is having other symptoms like breathing issues I would just bring her to the doc tomorrow.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM

I would see how she is in the morning.

NurseMaggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:26 PM
How is her breathing? Honestly for me allergic reactions that have facial swelling is an automatic ER visit
sweettea1985
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM
If she's breathing fine, don't go
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:27 PM
This. Then call her Dr first thing.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I would see how she is in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:28 PM
She'd not bleeding, does not have a broken bone, and can breathe. It's not an emergency. Your mom is a paranoid hypochondriac.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)