Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The kids are not tired, so I can't go to bed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
How are they so awake oldest didn't nap. We did our bedtime routine. And we're sitting in a dark room and all they keep doing is telling me they are not tired! I'm so tired.... it's almost 9:30 pm. I wanna go to bed. They have been up talking, Or yelling at me that they are not tired... night for the past 4 days... ffs sleep!
BTW they are 3years old and 23months old.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rigby229
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM
I'd tell them you may play in your beds or listen to music while I doze on the couch. And usually my kids did stay in their rooms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM
What time do they wake up? Could it be that they're TOO tired so they can't fall asleep?

Sadly, ds rarely slept. A little before a year old, it's like he didn't need sleep. He slept maybe 4-6 hrs a night, no naps. A nap would mean he's up all night and the following day. He was perfectly fine, just never slept.

He's 10 now and for the most part, still the same way. He can go with only 3 hrs of sleep a night and still function... while I'm the extra on walking dead that's too scary to even put on tv. Lol I have to give him melatonin every so often so he can "catch up" on his sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:35 PM
If I'm sleeping I'm going to my room

Quoting Rigby229: I'd tell them you may play in your beds or listen to music while I doze on the couch. And usually my kids did stay in their rooms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM
They waka 730-8am. And I've tried giving naps. My oldest wont. My youngest only naps if nurse her...

Quoting Anonymous 2: What time do they wake up? Could it be that they're TOO tired so they can't fall asleep?

Sadly, ds rarely slept. A little before a year old, it's like he didn't need sleep. He slept maybe 4-6 hrs a night, no naps. A nap would mean he's up all night and the following day. He was perfectly fine, just never slept.

He's 10 now and for the most part, still the same way. He can go with only 3 hrs of sleep a night and still function... while I'm the extra on walking dead that's too scary to even put on tv. Lol I have to give him melatonin every so often so he can "catch up" on his sleep.
Rigby229
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Okay. I just dgaf. I wanted sleep so I'd lay on the couch where I could hear them if they wandered out. So long as they remained in their room and bed they could read, play, or watch a movie on their dvd. When they went top sleep I went to bed.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If I'm sleeping I'm going to my room

Quoting Rigby229: I'd tell them you may play in your beds or listen to music while I doze on the couch. And usually my kids did stay in their rooms.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
This is nuts. Put them to bed and go to bed
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
So let them yell and scream they are tired. Leave them in their room put a baby gate, if u have 1, up and sit down. Every 10-15 min go in reassure them u are still here that you live them but it's time to sleep. They'll either calm down enough to sleep or cry themselves to sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:44 PM
You nurse your 2 year old????

Quoting Anonymous 1: They waka 730-8am. And I've tried giving naps. My oldest wont. My youngest only naps if nurse her...

Quoting Anonymous 2: What time do they wake up? Could it be that they're TOO tired so they can't fall asleep?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM
I've been trying since 730! :(

Quoting imthatgirl0607: This is nuts. Put them to bed and go to bed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You nurse your 2 year old????

Quoting Anonymous 1: They waka 730-8am. And I've tried giving naps. My oldest wont. My youngest only naps if nurse her...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)