Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 yo terrible tantrums

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dd throws terrible tantrums. Full blown kicking on the ground, socking the ground. The reason? Because i make her wear pants, long sleeve tops, warn p.j's, socks, and jackets to school. I usually make her stand in a corner but its not working so i spank her. Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rigby229
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:35 PM
She's too old for that nonsense. That being said let her dress lightly bit tell her her jacket and leggings go in her backpack so if she needs it she has it.
o.O....
by Cara on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Spray her in the face with a water bottle, like a cat?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:38 PM
If i pack them, she wont put them on. Its too cold to just let her wear a skirt and short sleeves to scho

Quoting Rigby229: She's too old for that nonsense. That being said let her dress lightly bit tell her her jacket and leggings go in her backpack so if she needs it she has it.
crescentstar2
by expecto patronum on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM

LMAO! oh man I've had people tell me that a family member did this to kids pitching a fit. stopped them in their tracks 

Quoting o.O....: Spray her in the face with a water bottle, like a cat?

Dear crescentstar2 - CafeMom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Get on the floor and throw a tauntrum with her but in public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM
That makes the tantrums worse, she screams

o.O....
by Cara on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Oh.. I was jk...

Quoting Anonymous 1: That makes the tantrums worse, she screams

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Why in public?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Get on the floor and throw a tauntrum with her but in public.

TheBamBam
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:41 PM
Give her two weather appropriate outfit choices, it'll make her feel like she has some "control" over her own choices. Right now it sounds like a power struggle and she thinks tantrums are the way to get what she wants. You might need to take a praise more/punish less approach...for example if she doesn't throw a fit in the morning say "Wow! Great job getting yourself dressed this morning, what a big girl! I'm so proud of you!".
Rigby229
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Compromise? Sweatshirt instead of a jacket, leggings instead of pants? Some kids don't like bulky jackets. They seem to get hot easily.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If i pack them, she wont put them on. Its too cold to just let her wear a skirt and short sleeves to scho

Quoting Rigby229: She's too old for that nonsense. That being said let her dress lightly bit tell her her jacket and leggings go in her backpack so if she needs it she has it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)