Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I still breastfeed my 3 year old... ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
Okay I don't but I have someone on Facebook page that does. I think it is super weird. She's posts pictures and brags about it. Don't get be wrong im not against breastfeeding or pictures of it. I breastfeed my 2 kids until they were 1. The appropriate age to stop. If your child can come to you and say "mommy I want the boob" its way past time to stop.

Alot more came of this post than I thought it would. After reading some comments though I feel I should clarify a few things. Or reword maybe.
It is my personal opinion that that the appropriate age to stop is one. That's just how I feel about it. I see mostly comments saying that it's for the health benefits for the kids which is proven I understand however, its doesn't make a kid that was breastfed until age 4 any healthier than my 2 that stopped at age 1. I would like to add that I don't think the actual breastfeeding past that age is what's weird. I find it odd that the children nurse at such late ages. I just don't see the point in boob to mouth contact without it just being an attachment thing. I also don't think kids should have bottles or pacis past that age either. Say what you want but I think mothers are doing it as more of an attachment thing than to benefit their children
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblu399
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:51 PM
6 moms liked this
My 3yo never said such a thing. She nursed until 3 1/2, she'll be 5 in Feb. And behaves like any 4 1/2 year old. Unfriend her if it bugs you, be an adult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:53 PM
This is not going to end well! Prepare to get your ass handed to you and an education to go with it.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Smh.
There is no set stopping time. My goal was two for religious reasons. And self wean after that. My daughter was 26 months. My son is almost 3 and still going.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autodidact
by Snarknado on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you have strange notions about breastfreeding. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:54 PM
I've never understood the need to post pictures/brag about breastfeeding.
justone_jen
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mine nursed until she was about 3.5. I didn't post a bunch of photos of it. But I also don't post photos of the awesome meals I make, the ways I choose to discipline my child, or my problems. Just not me.

But I don't give a shit about what other people post. Or do, mostly
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:55 PM
My almost 2 and a half year old still nurses. I don't see the problem, she will quit when she quits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:55 PM
I don't comment on it. I just think it's odd. May I ask why you breastfeed for so long? And obviously I was being over the top with the comment in quotations. But how exactly did she ask to nurse??

Quoting lilblu399: My 3yo never said such a thing. She nursed until 3 1/2, she'll be 5 in Feb. And behaves like any 4 1/2 year old. Unfriend her if it bugs you, be an adult.
Amybelle
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

the "appropriate" age is up to Mama & Baby.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:56 PM
5 moms liked this

Just for you OP! Almost 3 and still nursing and that's perfectly ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)