Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Justice for a bully. Would you have done this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

Q:If you were bullied in school, would you have done what Amy did if you found out your tormentor was now a teacher or sub teacher? Or would you let it go?

I'll call my friend "Amy" and the bully "Jessica," not their real names.

When I was in middle and high school there was this girl "Jessica" that used to bully my friend Amy. Jessica bullied several people through school but not as bad as she bullied Amy. Jessica was a mean person.

About five years ago Amy ran into Jessica in a grocery store. She said she was with her Ds and that Jessica followed her around the store calling her nasty names under her breath. At that time they were both 30 years old! Clearly Jessica hadn't changed that much.

Fast forward to now. I got a call this weekend from Amy. Just your basic check up call, "how ya doing?" that sort of thing. Jessica was brought up in the conversation. I guess Jessica was let go as a substitute teacher. A sub TEACHER! Amy complained a lot about her to the school..

I'm not saying she got her fired, but I'm wondering if it was a factor. Was it something the board took into consideration about Jessica?

Amy moved back to the same town several yrs ago and her kids now go to that school. She found out that Jessica was a 4th grade sub teacher there. Amy started writing letters to the superintendent of the school and then to the district superintendent. I guess she basically told them her story about all of the harassment. There were two times in HS when Amy's parent's house had been vandalized. Everyone in school knew it was Jessica but bc there was no proof so no charges were ever pressed. There were police reports though where Amy told the cops that she thought it was Jessica. (I know that is just hearsay). Amy got copies of the police reports and sent them along with her letters to the superintendent's. In her letters she also included what had happened five years ago at the grocery store.

Amy even went to certain school board meetings, the one when they were doing renewal contracts for subs and teachers. She publicly (officially) spoke about what happened to her in middle and high school. I didn't even know you could do that. They didn't rehire Jessica as a substitute. I don't know if Amy's story was a factor in their decision or not. I hope it was.

If you were bullied in school, would you have done what Amy did if you found out your tormentor was now a teacher or sub teacher? Or would you let it go?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:48 PM

olivejuice2
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
There were mean kids in middle school. No one ever vandalized my home though. If I ran into them at 30 and they followed me around a store calling me name I'd absolutely do what your friend did. Especially if I had kids in school where the bully taught.
Ms.Marple
by on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:00 AM
I absolutely would. I wouldn't want a nasty person, who hadn't changed, to be teaching children.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Well, I hope Jessica finally learned her lesson. I'd have taught it to her a lot faster, by going to Customer Service and having her thrown out.
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I can and have easily gotten over middle and high school bullies. But to have it happen at 30 years old? Geeeez. Something must be seriously wrong with Jessica.
Also, I doubt her complaints got her fired. Jessica is probably still a horrible person who got fired for legitimate reasons.

Quoting olivejuice2: There were mean kids in middle school. No one ever vandalized my home though. If I ran into them at 30 and they followed me around a store calling me name I'd absolutely do what your friend did. Especially if I had kids in school where the bully taught.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM

Eh, Karma.  If she hasn't changed by 30, then she deserved it.  I wouldn't want her around my kid or any other kids for that matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:05 AM

See, this is sorta what I think. Whereas I commend "Amy" for all her effort, I think "Jessica" most likely was fired/let go due to her own actions. I'm sure she wasn't the nicest sub. There is a huge part of me that really hopes the school board heard Amy out though, kwim?

Quoting AlwaysKISA: This. I can and have easily gotten over middle and high school bullies. But to have it happen at 30 years old? Geeeez. Something must be seriously wrong with Jessica. Also, I doubt her complaints got her fired. Jessica is probably still a horrible person who got fired for legitimate reasons.
Quoting olivejuice2: There were mean kids in middle school. No one ever vandalized my home though. If I ran into them at 30 and they followed me around a store calling me name I'd absolutely do what your friend did. Especially if I had kids in school where the bully taught.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Yup. I wouldn't want someone like that teaching children, and if at 30, she's STILL nasty like that, I wouldn't want her anywhere near my kids. The horrible woman would probably bully them just because she knew they were mine. What a bitch.
SSwtP
by on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:11 AM

Most people who act like that in highschool grow up.  If someone was still acting like that 20+ yrs later, I would hope someone would keep them out of the school system.

BionicBunny
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Yes. Absolutely
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)