Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horse riding

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2015 at 8:22 PM
  • 47 Replies
Dd and sd are doing horse therapy starting in January. I want to get them something to wear for therapy. They have helmets there that they like the kids to wear. They prefer the kids wear tennis shoes because it's therapy meaning they won't be on the horses the whole time.
I was thinking about a t shirt of some kind or something different what do you all think?
by on Dec. 13, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2015 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids ride English style and they dress like this (not my photo - I pulled it off google). 

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Dec. 13, 2015 at 9:12 PM
8 moms liked this
I was raised around horses. Sorry but I don't find tennis shoes safe around horses. I'd get them riding boots.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2015 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here unless they're special ones with heels. Maybe Ariat makes some? I can't believe they're recommending them. It's like riding 101!

Quoting SalemWitchChild: I was raised around horses. Sorry but I don't find tennis shoes safe around horses. I'd get them riding boots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM
2 moms liked this

get them their own helmet that fits correctly, and riding shoes. Ariat makes one that is similar to a sneaker. Lemme just say, it hurts like h*ll to get stepped on if you're only wearing a sneaker. 

darcibeisheim
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2015 at 10:06 PM
My son wears jeans and a hoodie (plus his coat, hat,& gloves) boots and 2 pairs of socks. But it's getting cold and the arena is only heated to 40 degrees and he gets cold very easily. He loves riding and the horse that he normally rides loves kids.
CBusymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2015 at 7:11 AM
Ok riding shoes. I thought about boots buy it's therapy so they are doing things along with riding.
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2015 at 7:19 AM
I wouldn't wear jeans. They need proper riding pants.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Dec. 14, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Hahaha these replies.

Jeans are fine but I would get some pull on boots. Tshirts are good but have a few layers to go with it, not sure where you are. I would also look into equestrian helmets, ones that are yours and fit properly.
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Dec. 14, 2015 at 7:42 AM
Yes, tennis aren't very smart or safe.

Quoting SalemWitchChild: I was raised around horses. Sorry but I don't find tennis shoes safe around horses. I'd get them riding boots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CBusymom
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2015 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this
All this stuff is very costly. I think we will start with the pull on boots or riding shoes because they have helmets there to borrow. After I know this is something they will stick with we will get them helmets then.

Quoting redneckmama4: Hahaha these replies.

Jeans are fine but I would get some pull on boots. Tshirts are good but have a few layers to go with it, not sure where you are. I would also look into equestrian helmets, ones that are yours and fit properly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)